First Day (Edited)

Aizawa woke up the next morning to the smell of breakfast seeping through the house. He groggily rubbed his eyes and looked at the clock. 6:30. Four and a half hours of sleep. Today was going to be a great day. He threw on a shirt and went downstairs to find Kaya making pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Sitting at the counter, Kaya finished flipping a pancake and set a full plate down in front of him.

"Good morning, Zawa. How did you sleep?" she asked with a smile.

"It would've been better if a stupid kid didn't make me chase after her all night." She winced, but she shrugged it off as she prepared another plate and sat down next to him.

"I'm sorry. I should've told you, but I guess He got more in my head than I thought." Aizawa took a bite of his meal and was surprised.

"Since when do you know how to cook this well?" he asked. She chuckled,

"I used to sit outside one of the restaurants that served breakfast and watched as they made the food. One of the cooks even taught me to cook a little bit."

"Hmm." After breakfast Kaya quickly ran upstairs to finish getting ready.

'How can she have so much energy?' Aizawa thought, rubbing his eyes. They were going to be heavier and redder than normal, but he'll pack a couple applesauce pouches. She ran back downstairs with her backpack and pulled on her shoes.

"Come on Zawa. We're going to be late."

"No, we're going to be thirty minutes early on the first day. We can leave a little later."

"And miss meeting everybody? Come on." She practically dragged Aizawa out to the pavement.

"Fly or walk?" she asked.

"What?"

"Do you want to fly on my back or walk to school?"

"Fly, I guess." Aizawa shrugged.

"Okay," she moved her backpack to hang over her chest and stepped in front of Aizawa, "Just stand behind me and wrap your arms around my shoulders. One thing though, don't choke me." He did as directed and noticed that Kaya's wings seemed bigger up close.

"Jump on three. One... two... three!" Kaya lifted off easily with a strong beat of her wings. Aizawa had to close his eyes from the wind but opened them when they leveled off. His eyes widened when he took in the view before him. He could see everything from the outskirts of the fields to the middle of the city. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and he was surrounded by blue; it was beautiful. When he sat on top of buildings during his patrols, he sometimes got a decent view, but nothing like this. He felt her wings beat on either side of him at a steady, calming rhythm that almost put him back to sleep. They arrived at school too soon, and Kaya hovered a little before landing. Aizawa slipped his hands in his pockets before anyone could see anything.

"Thank you," he said, turning away from her.

"Are you glad we came early now?" He shrugged and walked into the school. She took that as a yes and followed him. The school was huge, but it was easy to follow Aizawa's directions to the classroom. She opened the door and found that she was the first one there to no surprise; school didn't start for another twenty minutes. Kaya found a seat in the back so she could stretch her wings during class, and she put her head on her arms to wait for the others. It didn't take long for another student to show up though. The door opened again, and Kaya looked up, squinting as the lights flooded the room, to find a tall young man with dark blue hair and glasses.

'It can't be,' she thought and sat up straighter when he approached.

"Hello. My name is Tenya Iida. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance," he said, holding out his hand for her to shake.