Dreams (New)

Another month had passed, and Kaya had regained her figure. Aizawa was secretly proud of how much she had grown, and how much she had come out of her shell. He had changed her from physical therapy to hero training. She was improving quickly, and he knew that she would be ready for when school started in a month. It had been another tough day of training for the both of them, and they were exhausted. Aizawa could tell that she was growing sore from the way she walked. At the end of the day, Kaya fell asleep curled up next to Aizawa on the couch like always. Over their time together, she had slowly fallen asleep closer to him until her head was almost in his lap. He turned the TV off and sighed before picking her up and carrying her up the stairs. She stirred a little n as he opened her door. Gently, he laid her down on the bed and tucked her in.

"We really need to get you used to falling asleep in your own bed," he whispered to himself. He quietly closed the door behind him as he left to get ready for bed himself.

She could hear a voice in the distance calling to her. It was dark; no shapes were visible in the absence of light, but, for some reason, she knew which way to go. All of a sudden, a light shone from the direction in front of her. There was a man standing there in the light. It was his voice that was calling. The closer she moved to the man the more familiar he seemed until she saw his face. She burst out into tears and ran into his outstretched arms.

"Winnie, thank god you're okay," she said as tears continued to run down her face.

"Of course, I am. I have to take care of you, don't I?" He laughed, ruffling her hair. She giggled but jumped when she was plunged back into darkness. The light appeared again in a different place, and Winnie was crawling on the ground covered in blood.

"No!" she yelled, sprinting towards him. She cradled him in her arms and tried to determine where all the blood was coming from.

"Why didn't you help me, Kaya? Why did you let me die?" he asked with tears in his eyes.

"I couldn't. I tried. They wouldn't let me in," she sobbed. His breathing staggered and his eyes grew scared.

"I don't want to die," he croaked.

"Save your strength. It's going to be okay." She hugged him tighter as she felt him slipping away. A strong draft hit her as he was violently ripped from her arms. She looked up to see a red winged creature with horns and black eyes. It was a demon, and he held Winnie threateningly in his claws. She looked at him horrified as he laughed a deep laugh that shook the ground beneath her. There was a horrid sound as she watched the creature tear the body in two before he threw it towards her. Darkness surrounded her again as her fear increased.

"One has already been taken from you," a deep voice spoke. It seemed to come from all around her. The light returned again from behind her, and she spun to face it.

"You must make your choice, or we will take another." The demon was hovering, its big wings making dust clouds around him. He was holding two struggling figures in his front claws. One was a black-haired man with tired eyes and stubble decorating his jaw.

'Aizawa,' she thought before she looked at the other boy struggling in the demon's grasp. He had a head of raven blue hair, but his face was blurry, and she couldn't make out any other defining factors. All she knew was that her heart ached seeing him in the demon's grasp.

"I won't let you hurt anybody else. You can't take them!" she yelled at the creature.

"We will see," it said before unhooking his jaw like a snake and swallowing them both.

"NO!!" Kaya's eyes shot open as she screamed. Aizawa burst through the door to Kaya hyperventilating. He rushed to her side and started rubbing her back up and down.

"Just breathe, kiddo. You're okay. You're okay." He spoke calmly, and her breathing started to slow as she leaned more into his touch. Her wings relaxed, but she tightly wrapped her arms around his torso. He continued to stroke her back and mumble to her as she silently cried into his chest.

"I won't let him hurt you, Aizawa. I won't let him hurt anyone else," she said into his chest.

"Who wants to hurt me, Kaya?" Aizawa asked, tilting her chin up to meet his gaze.

"This creature inside me." He could see the fear in her eyes as they dropped again.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I-I had a dream. He came and tested me again," she choked out. "And then he- he-" she couldn't get the rest out.

"Kaya, what did he do?" Aizawa coaxed.

She was bawling again by this point and all he could do was embrace her. She calmed herself enough to speak again and wiped the tears from her face.

"I- He is part of the reason Winnie died. Please. P-please don't ask any more. I can't. Not yet." she whispered, barely able to speak. She was trembling so bad, Aizawa thought that she might fall apart. He tightened his grip around her and made sure she heard what he said next.

"Don't worry kiddo. I know you're strong enough to get through this." Her eyes grew wide as she looked up at him again. He gave her one of his actual smiles which she shakily returned.

"Will you be okay, or do you want me to sleep in here tonight?" he asked.

"I'll be okay. Thank you though," she said snuggling underneath the covers. He ruffled her hair and slowly closed the door.

"I love you, Aizawa," she whispered when there was only a sliver left. He heard the click before he replied.

"I love you too, kiddo."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always love a good Dadzawa

Hope everything is well

Keep looking towards the sky :)