Calvary Battle

"Nigel!" Ruby yelled as they came closer. Kaya noticed they were holding a net that looked to be made from sticky hands.

"Did you make this?" he asked, taking the corner that was offered to him.

"Of course," she beamed.

"Here. Stick this to your torso. It'll give us more room to move but be cautious, it will rip if stretched too far," Dylan said as she handed Kaya her own corner.

"On your marks!" Midnight yelled. Kaya quickly stuck the net to her front and locked arms with Nigel.

"Set! GO!" Teams flew by them, all making a beeline for Midoriya. It was easy to dodge those that tried to swipe the headband as they passed, but it was hard to keep track of everybody. Kaya watched as her teammates fought off attackers and moved them into a position on the outside of the field. There was a loud sound, and everybody watched as Midoriya's team flew into the sky. They were being propelled by a jetpack and seemed to relax once they were away from the others.

"Kaya!" Dylan yelled, and Kaya spread her wings.

"Nigel, up," she said and felt the current build until it was strong enough to carry all of them into the air. The groups around them had to brace against the wind to not be knocked off and disqualified.

"Steady," Ruby yelled as she pulled out her hand. She was lining up the shot when noises from behind them made Kaya's blood run cold. There was only one person whose quirk made those sounds.

"Getting pretty full of yourself, huh, you bastard!" Bakugou yelled as he flew towards them.

"Nigel, on my mark." The blue haired boy nodded and flexed his fingers. Kaya waited until Bakugou was almost on top of them.

"Da!" Their group shot to the right, and Bakugou rushed right past them.

"Don't think for a second you're safe!" he yelled as the distance closed.

"I've got you!" An explosion was shielded by Dark Shadow and a piece of tape appeared and pulled him away. This allowed Kaya's team to sneak up on them from behind. Ruby threw a sticky hand towards Midoriya's back and was just about to grab the headband when Dark Shadow came out of nowhere and batted it away. He disappeared again, quick as a flash, before reappearing behind Kaya. He narrowed his eyes before attacking Kaya's left wing. She grunted from the impact and started to falter as the pain shot through her back. The group began to tumble as the members attempted to catch themselves.

"Dark Shadow!" Tokoyami scolded his quirk, who shrugged it off. The other team continued to fall, and the crowd did not hold back its displeasure.

(Recruiter POV)

The crowd around him booed as Kaya's team fell. His knuckles grew white as he clenched the railing. She had to find a way to right herself to save the stall. She had to. He'd have to work on that with her. The air around him crackled and green energy started to flicker from his wings, quieting the crowd around him. A hand covered his and gently pried his fingers from the railing.

"Easy, dear. You're starting to frighten the men. Don't be worried."

"I'm not worried," he said. She shot him a smirk telling him that she could see right through him.

"If she's anything like her family, she'll be fine." Her hand wrapped around his and drew circles on the back with her fingers. He visibly relaxed and pulled his eyes back to the tumbling group who were rapidly approaching the ground.

(Main POV)

"Hold on to me!" Kaya yelled to her teammates as they fell. She grabbed onto all of them and maneuvered them to the right position before quickly opening her wings. The immediate drag started to slow them down, but her wings felt like they were being stretched from their sockets. Nigel attempted to help by creating a pocket of air underneath them without causing more strain on her. He was better in combat situations than she thought and was grateful for his quick thinking. They landed roughly but were able to keep their footing as they slid to a stop.