Unwelcome Guest (New)

It grew time for Aizawa to leave to attend a teacher meeting to prepare for the upcoming school year. Kaya had just woken up and was up in her room with a pad and a pencil that he had gotten for her. She seemed to be settling down nicely into the home, and Aizawa was glad that she was starting to really feel comfortable. He was currently in the shower to get ready for the meeting and didn't hear the front door open. The stranger made himself at home and walked calmly up the steps to the closed door of Kaya's room. The door slammed open and the stranger paused, taking a deep breath. Kaya jumped sky high out of the desk chair which caught the stranger's attention.

"Who are you?" he asked. She didn't say anything but then the stranger turned toward her and gave her an odd look. Her instincts kicked in, and she landed a couple punches to take him down.

"Aizawa!" she yelled as she locked the man in her room. The shower turned off as she yelled again, growing more worried that the man would wake up and attack her again. Aizawa walked out, hair still dripping and without a shirt on, to a very frantic Kaya.

"What's wrong, kiddo?" he asked.

"There's- there's a strange man in my room," she gasped out, trying to slow her heart rate, but the adrenaline was pulsing through her body. He quickly unlocked the door to find Hizashi groaning on the floor holding his torso.

Aizawa sighed and picked up the whimpering man to carry him downstairs.

"Teach her some of your fancy kung-fu tricks, did you?" Hizashi groaned.

"Yeah. She has to know how to protect herself from pervs like you," Aizawa said, throwing him on the couch. Kaya followed him at a distance and subconsciously hid behind Aizawa's back until he addressed her.

"Kaya, this is Yamada Hizashi, also known as Present Mic. He is a pro-hero and another teacher at UA high. He is also-"

"Your best friend," Mic interrupted, earning himself a glare.

"An idiot. Are you okay?" Aizawa asked, ignoring the pout from the energetic blonde. She nodded,

"He just scared me is all. I thought he was a kidnapper with how he burst through the door."

"Good job, though. You've gotten stronger," he praised, resting a hand on her head. She smiled but Mic was surprised.

"You're not mad? She hit a guest," Mic said, flabbergasted.

"No, she hit an unwelcome visitor who invaded her space. How many times do I have to tell you that you can't just walk in here like it's your own house?" Aizawa growled. That shut Mic up pretty quickly. Kaya peeked around Aizawa's shoulder at the pouting man before standing next to Aizawa.

"I apologize for hitting you so hard Mr. Mic. In the future do try not to enter my room without prompting," she said with a little bow and excused herself.

"Wait here," Aizawa growled at Mic who sat still as his friend left to get dressed. Once Aizawa was finished he pushed Mic out the door before calling Kaya down.

"I'm leaving for the meeting, kiddo. You sure you'll be alright by yourself?" he asked.

"Can't I come with you?" Kaya asked, with a slight bounce on her toes.

"No. You have to train so you are going to be fit enough to go to school," he replied.

"But that's the same thing you've told me for months," she complained, "I want to see the school I'm going to attend."

"All in due time." She groaned and Aizawa hid his smile.

"Ya know, you didn't use to complain so much," he teased.

"That was before I got to know you," she said lightly pushing his arm. Mic started pounding on the door causing it to shake on its hinges.

"Alright I have to go. Take care of yourself and remember to eat and do your exercises," he called, quickly hurrying out the door. She turned to the kitchen and sighed as she made herself breakfast. Her routine was growing boring, and she was growing more excited to attend the best hero program in the nation.

Aizawa came home late from the meeting. Why Principal Nezu didn't want to look into other candidates for the hero course was beyond him. The other thing that annoyed him was the number of questions he got from other teachers when Nezu announced that he was housing a student. Many of them doubted that someone should be able to be enrolled in the program without going through the exams. He understood their concerns, but it made his blood boil because Kaya had more potential and skill than anyone he has seen for a while. Nezu saved him from having to answer and told them that the school board was allowing her in on a scholarship basis. This way if she didn't keep her grades up or caused trouble with her quirk, they could get rid of her. He walked into his house, kicking off his shoes, and followed the sound of the TV into the living room. Kaya was curled up on the couch asleep. She still hadn't broken the habit of falling asleep by him before being able to sleep in her bed. He slumped down next to her and let out a breath, trying to ease his thoughts.

"How was the meeting?" He looked down and met her pair of earnest green eyes.

"Long," he sighed, "Nezu won't let anyone look into other candidates for the hero course."

"What do you mean? I thought all UA students have to take the entrance exams," she said, confused.

"They do but the exams are only geared for those with physical quirks to pass. There is no way for someone with a different kind of quirk to get into the hero course unless they have combat experience. Some quirks could stop a fight before it even began, but nobody cares because it's not flashy," he vented.

"Is that what happened to you?" she asked, moving to her back to get a better look at him.

"Yeah," he said simply.

"Wait, I thought you were in the hero course. How did you pass the exam?"

"I didn't. I was in General Studies until the Sports Festival and they learned the real strength behind my quirk."

"Then they are wrong in their reasoning because you turned out to be one of the coolest heroes I know." She smiled, causing him to feel the corners of his lips twitch.

"I'm the only hero you know," he teased her.

"Nu-uh. I know Present Mic now, and I also grew up with another."

"Mic doesn't count." She watched as his face dropped into his normal slitted eyed scowl.

"There's something else on your mind, isn't there?" she probed. He nodded and met her eyes again.

"Nezu is giving you a scholarship to go to UA," he started.

"But we already knew that," she interrupted.

"Let me finish. The scholarship requires that you have to keep your grades up and have great control over your quirk." He saw sadness quickly flash through her eyes.

"And if I don't?" she asked.

"Then they kick you back out on the street." He said, flatly. She needed to know the seriousness of the situation but Aizawa felt his heart break a little thinking about her going back to the way she was.

"Oh. What if I can't control Him? What if I hurt someone?" she panicked.

"We'll start working on it. There has to be a limit to the amount of power you can take from him before he takes over. I won't let them kick you out because of that," he promised.

"Wait, you know? About Him?" she croaked.

"Only what I have seen. I just need you to be safe." She threw herself around him silently thanking him for everything as he hugged her just as tightly. He wouldn't let her go, not after she had shown him the person she is meant to be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just so yall know

I am also on AO3 under the same name

Come check me out 

:P