Act 2: Scene 2

"Uh Evie I cannot breathe" Mal said. Jade walked into the dorm and closed the door. "Well you can breathe after cotillion" Evie said as she walked in front of her.

"Ugh! Cotillion this, Cotillion that. What's the point" Jade said before flopping onto the bed. "I have at least 20 more events directly behind it, and I can't even remember what a single one of them is." Mal said.

Evie kissed her fingers. "Impeccable" She said as she looked at the dress. Mal looked at her Isle jacket hanging up. "Guys" "Hm" Both girls humed with an answer.

"Do you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were back on the Isle right now?" Mal asked. "Stealing" Jade said as she closed her eyes with a smile.

"That's funny" Evie said before the news channel intro came on. "Ah look who's on TV" Evie said. Evie helped Mal off the stand and Jade sat up as they all watched the tv.

"As the royal couple continues their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine." Mal spit out some food in a napkin and Jade let out a small laugh.

"Six months ago, No one thought King Ben and his girlfriend from the wrong side of the bridge would last." The news reporter spoke.

"Yeah, no kidding" Mal mumbled. "Mal must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion" Mal gasped before she sat on her bed and grabbed two books from her nightstand.

Mal flipped through the pages of her spellbook. Evie and Jade glanced at each other. "Read it fast at lightening speed, remember everything I need" Mal said before spelling the book she was supposed to read.

"I know Mal's secret to fitting in and Ben..wouldn't like it one bit" Evie said. "Haven't you guys had enough secrets between the two of you already?" Jade asked as she sat on the other bed in front of Mal.

"Girls,you remember what I was like before I started using my spell book. I mean, I was a complete disaster." Mal said.

"Well personally, as your best friend that this spell book" Evie said before grabbing the book. "Ah!" "It belongs in the museum, along with her mirror" Jade said.

Mal gave them both a pout face. "Don't give me the face" Evie said. Mal gave her more pout. "Put the pout away, Mhm you know we're right" Evie said.

"You don't ever missing running wild and breaking all the rules?" Mal asked. "Like stealing, lying, and fighting?" Evie asked.

"Yeah!" Mal said lighting up. "Yeah/No" Evie and Jade said at the same time. "Why would we?" Evie said before getting both the girls off the bed. "Come here" Evie said taking them over to the tv.

"Look at where we are. We're in Auradon! And we're Auradon girls now." Evie said. "Since Mal revealed her love of strawberries, she has received hundreds of cartons from her admirers. Here she is enjoying a cozy bite"

"Ew a cozy bite? Who makes these?" Jade asked disgusted. "See, this is the land of opportunity. We can be whatever we want to be here. So, please,let's just leave the past in the past, okay?" Evie said.

"Besides I mean" Evie picked up one of Mal's heels. "Look at these shoes, look at them" Evie smiled. "Severe" Mal said.

Evie put the heel back down.

~~

Jade was walking with her friends and there were girls throwing themselves at Jay. "Hi Jay" "Hey Jay" Hi Jay" Most of them said. He always replied "Sup". This got under Jade's skin greatly.

Jade rolled her eyes. "Why do you torture them? Just tell them you're in a relationship" Carlos said. "I'll just wait for them to find out" Jay said.

Evie looked at Jade who was going to explode. "Hey Jade!" A male voice was heard. Jade turned around to find Navin. "Hi Navin" Jade said with a smile.

"Hey, I know you have a lot on your plate but I'm struggling in chemistry and I really need your help" Navin said. Evie looked at Jay who clenched his jaw.

"Yeah sure tomorrow good for you?" Jade asked. "Tomorrow's perfect" Navin said. "Okay great see you tomorrow, text me" Jade said.

Navin smiled. "Okay cool bye" He said before walking away. Jade smiled before Jay grabbed her arm and walked away. "Are you serious?" He asked as they reached a corner.

"What?" Jade asked. "You're gonna flirt right in front of my face?" Jay asked. "Me?" "Yeah." Jade scoffed. "Are you serious right now?" Jade asked.

"Does it look like I'm joking Jade?" Jay asked. "You flirt with girls all the time. You just did!" Jade said slightly raising her voice before looking around making sure no one heard.

"I said 'sup' I'm not smiling and saying 'yeah text me' " Jay said. "Oh real mature Jay. 'I'll just wait for them to find out'" Jade recited and Jay rolled his eyes.

"You think you're too good too just let girls know you're in a relationship-" "Just because" Jay brung his voice down. "Just because, I didn't go around telling everyone I have a girlfriend doesn't mean I think I'm too good" Jay said.

"Yeah but it does mean you're ashamed of me. Is that what it is Jay?" "No" "you're ashamed of me" "No"

"You're ashamed to have the girlfriend everybody fears, the girlfriend that's so mean and heartless" "No Jade" Jay said.

"Well I'm sorry I'm not the perfect girlfriend but I'm trying" "Jade" "I'm trying so hard. I cancel plans just to root for you," "Jade" "I stay up late for you to come back to the dorm so I can at least see you"

"Jade""I hug you, I care for you, I fucking love you and it seems like even that isn't good enough for you!" Jade finished in tears.

"You love me?" Jay asked. Jade realized what she said. "Fuck" Jade mumbled as her hands started shaking. "Jade-" "No don't touch me, please" Jade said as she moved Jay's hand.

"I have to go" Jade said before walking away. "Jade! Jade!"