Act 2: Scene 8

Jade walked into her and Jay's shared dorm. Jay looked up before back down at the papers in his hand.

"You um have like letters or something from people around campus" Jay said as he put them on the table in the room.

Jade nodded as she closed the door. Jay walked over and sat on the bed as he checked his phone.

"Carlos also said-" "I love you" Jade cut him off. Jay looked at her. "No he said he asked Jane out" Jay corrected.

"No, Jay I love you" Jade said as she stood by the door. "What?" Jay said as he stood up. "I know it might be too late but I love you Jay" Jade said as she walked over to him.

"The arguments, the not paying attention, running away all of it I'm sorry. I still love you and I never stopped and I have loved you for so long" Jade said before her voice began to break.

"Please don't give up on us. I love you so much" Jade said before Jay wrapped her up in his arms. Jade cried as she hugged him.

"I'm sorry" Jade cried. "I love you too"Jay said. "What?" Jade asked as she pulled away. "I love you too Jade. I want you to stay with me..in Auradon" Jay said.

"But what about your reputatio-" "I love you. I'll scream it at Cotillion if I have too Jade. I want you and I love you if it means you're with me forever" Jay said.

Jade smiled before leaning up.Jay leaned down as they lips touched before locking in. Jade felt the same sparks shoot their her body. Luckily she hadn't lost the love of her life forever. It just took them a while to admit to each other.

~~

Jade and Jay were walking on the boat both surprised. "Jane did good" Jade said and Jay nodded.

"Jay!" A teammate said as he walked over. "What's up dude" The guy said as Jay dapped him up.

"Um Jade this is Kyson a teammate. Kyson this is Jade my girlfriend" Jay said. Jade blinked and looked at Jay before back at Kyson.

"Nice to meet you" She said trying to keep her composure. "You too. See you guys tied the knot. Perfect couple in my case" Kyson said.

"Jade!" A voice said. "That's Evie. I'll be back" Jade said to Jay. Jay nodded and Jade pecked his lips before walking over to Evie.

"Happy to see you and Jay worked it out" Evie said. Jade nodded and smiled. "What's got you so happy?" Evie asked.

"He introduced me as his girlfriend" Jade said. Evie squealed. "I knew it once again I was right. All we had to do was wait" Evie said as the girls laughed.

Suddenly horns blared and people started gathering by the steps. Jay walked behind Jade holding her hand.

"The future Lady Mal!" Lumiere said then Mal came out from the corner. People smiled and Mal looked beautiful. Evie and Jade started clapping.

"Woo!" Jade cheered as the crowd started to as well. Jade smiled at the sight of her best friend.

Mal stopped by Ben's parents before walking over to Evie and Jade. "How are you?" Evie asked. "Uh sort of feel like I'm gonna throw up" Mal said.

"You're not alone this dress is killing me" Jade said and the girls laughed. "Look we're right here with you okay?" Evie said.

"Okay" Mal nodded and the trumpets blared again. "King Benjamin" Lumiere said then Ben came out.

The crowd began to cheer and Jade and Evie shared a look. Everyone bowed before Jade nudged Ben. "Go get your man girl" Jade said to Mal who smiled before walking over to Ben.

He seemed off. He walked towards Mal and bowed. "Mal I wish I had time to explain" Ben said before looking back at the opening.

Everyone was confused until Uma came from the the corner. Jade and Jay shared a look. "Uma's here, why is she here?" Jade whispered to Jay. "I don't know" Jay whispered back.

Uma descended from the steps as Ben took her hand.Ben kissed the ring on Uma's finger. Jade's jaw dropped. "No he did not"Jade said.

"I'm sorry Mal it all happened so fast. Something happened while I was on the Isle with Uma a connection" Ben said. "You just met he-" Jay covered Jade's mouth.

"What are you saying?" "I'm saying-" "It was love, It was" Uma smiled. "What" Jade said confused.

"I just..I realized how alike Ben and I are you know" Uma said. "You're so beautiful" Ben said as they looked each other in the eyes.

"This is literally disgusting" Jade said."Did you go back for her?" Mal asked Ben. "He didn't have too I dove through the barrier before it closed and I'm an excellent swimmer so" Uma said.

"You are" Ben said dreamily. "Aw thank you" Uma said and laughed. "Listen Mal" Uma grabbed Mal's hand.

"I just really want to thank you. Thank you for everything" Uma said before hugging a very tense Mal. Jade covered her mouth in shock.