Mind games

Location: the office

Big Red had never realised how graceful the art of typing really was until he ended up in here. It was all he heard, besides the occasional ringing of the phone and the smell of freshly brewed coffee. He was more of a tea person anyway, especially a fan of peppermint with a side of freshly baked biscuits.

He checked his phone, still nothing.

Where was everybody?

Ring, ring

"That's the bell young man, off to class you go," The office lady ordered and pointed to the door.

"But-"

"No buts, you already skipped homeroom for this."

He couldn't object to that, but Ashlyn was much more important.

"Can I at least know if she is alright?"

"I'll let you know, now off you go!" The lady shooed him away like he was carrying some disease, frustrating him as he left the office in a hurry.

As he began to walk to his first class of the day, he could only glance back at the office door and hope for the best.

"I hope she gets home safe. Please don't let anything hurt her."

~~~~

Location: Chemistry (1st period with Ms. Kelly)

"Christina Applegate?"

"Here!"

"Jeremy Benson?"

"Here!"

"Richard Bowen?"

No response came.

"Ricky?"

She took the time to see that the familiar curly haired boy wasn't seated in the back like usual. She just marked him as not present and continued on.

"Poppy Brown?"

"Here!"

Once Ms. Kelly had her eyes glued down to her roll call sheet, Kourtney Greene quickly took the opportunity to send a message.

> Ricky 🤪

Kourtney- Hey, where are you?

"Miss Greene, are you with us?"

"Yes!" She was so lucky that Ms. Kelly considered herself as not the best with her sight, her phone was barely shoved right under her view.

Buzz

When she felt the vibration, her heart lit up with hope that her friend had responded. But when she checked however, another person had been the cause of the buzz.

> Sebby! 🐮

Sebby- Have you seen Carlos?

She hadn't seen him all morning.

Kourtney- No?

Kourtney- Is something wrong?

Sebby- He hasn't come to music yet, and I'm worried because I was going to help him with vocals for into the woods

Ricky and Carlos were both gone? It was all so strange for Kourtney.

Kourtney- Strange, Ricky isn't in Chemistry as well

Sebby- You think they ditched?

Kourtney- I can see Ricky, but Carlos?

Sebby- What if something happened to them?