v. How Could I Ever Forget Someone Like You?

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE.

───────────────.˚₊❖

— THE DUO THAT CONSISTED OF STEVE AND IZETA, WALKED INTO JAMES' APARTMENT IN BUCHAREST, ROMANIA.

Izeta's nerves were currently going through the roof, this would be the first time she'd see him since she left Siberia.

She looked around the apartment, it was cosy, she supposed. Better than a HYDRA cell.

She watched as Steve took a hold of a small book, with photos of her and Steve in it. She smiled slightly when she realised he was looking for her, too.

"Heads up, Cap, A. German Special Forces, approaching from the south." Sam said through the comms, calling her A, since her middle name is Anastasya, and Izeta didn't want them to use Verena when they were on a mission.

She swallowed as she felt a presence behind her. She slowly turned around, facing him.

Blue met green, and James could swear he felt his heart drop. She was right in front of him, looking exactly like the last time he saw her. Maybe even more beautiful.

She was wearing a simple purple suit, one that had multiple stripes over it, the suit hugged her body in every right way.

He quickly looked away from her, before he would blow his cover. "You know us?" Steve asked.

"You're Steve. I read about you in a museum." James said quietly, disregarding Izeta.

"And, what about me?" Izeta asked, taking a seat on his couch.

"I don't know who you are." James lied, blinking really fast before looking down. And, that's how Izeta knew he was lying.

"You know, James. When you spend 6 years with someone, you learn a lot about them. Their favourite food, favourite colour, and when they lie." Izeta hummed, looking into the eyes that she had missed so much. Honestly, it didn't feel real. It didn't feel real that she was standing right in front of him, and instead of hugging him, he was pretending she didn't know who he was.