Separate Ways

"I'm back!" -Peter Parker

Wanda watches in horror from a bar as footage of the fallen London is broadcasted worldwide, looking down at her drink in guilt and defeat.

Her own power was responsible for all those millions killed or injured along with any of her allies trying to stop Victor. She knew her former friends are going into No Man's Land against someone like the evil version of her ex.

But now she was mortal and unlike Thor there's no Odin spell to give her back the power she once possessed. Did she truly deserve it, to have such power in the palm of her hands? She lets those thoughts hover in her mind before taking a shot of her hard liquor.

Spidey meanwhile sat in his one bedroom apartment looking at the ceiling as he rests on his bed, unsure what to do next.

Besides getting rocked earlier he feels helpless unable to fight amongst his allies against Victor even if it was a desperate hail mary. But here he was, back home unable to fight and especially alone once more.

He thinks about Wanda especially, hoping she's alright now that she's out there in the world without her powers unable to help as well. He only wishes he could be there for her right about now, better than having to sit through this Avengers level threat like a bench warmer.

*I should find her but I'm not exactly the world's greatest finder of things, took me years to find my freshmen year backpack. Just hope she calls me is all I can ask for.*

London

Sam slowly opens his eyes, slowly looking down to see his side impaled to a piece of sharp metal from a demolished building. He grunts as he carefully feels the area around it, got lucky with the metal missing a vital organ but he's still stuck in this situation.

He looks around to see the city just charred with smoke, ashes, flames, and destroyed buildings as far as he's able to normally see. Sam sighs realizing he and his team failed to save London but he knew it wasn't in his control.

He digs around his utility belt, pulling out a vibranium blade and begins sawing away at the long piece of metal. He only leaves enough to keep the wound sealed and staggers up painfully.

"Anyone come in? Kate? Banner? Riri? Shit." Sam catches his breath getting no response back from his teammates, clutching his side as he decides to contact home base.

"Sam to HQ Come in HQ!" The team turns around in surprise at the radio as Steve immediately picks it up.

"Sam it's Steve, glad to hear you again friend." Steve smiles in relief hearing Sam, Sam smiling as well on the other side.

"You as well Cap, it's ground zero out here and no one else has picked up on the coms. I'm surprised I'm even talking to you now."

"Sam we got a serious problem, Victor has closed out London from the rest of the world and we're planning a all out attack on him."

"Think it'll work?"

"We gotta try, only thing we have left right now."

"Gonna find some medical supplies, hope we make it outta this one Cap."

"Me too." Steve sighs.

"Sam out." Sam hangs up, his wings popping out as he flies off to find anywhere to heal his wounds.

To Be Continued Again