Series! Cole x Reader }} Tell Me You Love Me

Word count: 3800

Unedited⚠️

A/N: just something cute and fluffy for our favorite Earth ninja, there are also a few hints of something mature happening but nothing is directly described.

Y/N's P.O.V

"That sound is getting old, Princess." Cole grumbled, annoyed at the sound of my pencil tapping against the wood desk in my room.

Being the secret girlfriend of the Earth Ninja had its perks, especially when the team didn't even know. It was really just us, and Coles dad. We don't talk about he found out, it's embrassing.

One was getting a discount on apartments in New Ninjago City, however it was only because I was a "friend" because if the whole secret relationship thing. It was a really good apartment too, perfect for me and the occasional boyfriend visits. And the few +5 guests he brought over.

"Sorry." I grumbled back, frustrated because I was trying to finish writing a song I needed to get done in time for the charity event we had planned. It was a small meet in greet, at least that was the plan but having the Heros of Ninjago in one place never ended small, and I finally caved in and agreed to sing a song. They knew I loved music and singing, but out of pure social anxiety I refused to sing in front of them. Not even Cole has seen me perform or sing in person, just recorded tracks.

Music is originally how we met, specifically me and Cole. I had classes with Lou every Saturday for singing - because dance was thrown out of the window with how clumsy I could be. I had met Cole through his dad, obviously, and we had hung out a couple of times. I never knew Cole was a Ninja until the iconic performance when him, Kai, Jay, and Zane competed for a special knife in a trophy for a talent show. I was in the audience when it happened, I had heard rumors of the Ninja being a thing but never knew it was true until I snuck backstage and saw Cole get his true potential. That was not exactly your typical thing to see your best friend/crush to do. It was a few days before the competition when I saw him and the others practicing outside, once the 3 went inside I went up to Cole. I was way to socially awkward to go up to him with his very intimidating friends around. We talked for a few and then one thing lead to another and I kissed him. The others came out right as I pulled away, I didnt give him a chance to kiss me back. I quickly mumbled a hello and went on my way.

It wasn't until a few days after that happened, me seeing him float and glow, that I had texted Cole and asked him to get lunch with me to talk about the kiss and just the whole situation in general.

The rest is kinda history. We obviously got together but decided to keep it a secret to protect me from literally everything that followed that group. Cole introduced me as a childhood friend with good sources in Ninjago City, before it was destroyed, which was true since my mom worked for some pretty important people. I was seen as a friend not to long after. Me and Nya got along great and she had tried many times to set me and Cole up, completely blind. We've had a few close calls before, I mostly stayed with Nya if I was visiting the Bounty since she had her own room and the boys for the most part shared. Me and Cole would sneak to the back of the boat and sit and talk, occasionally a heated kiss or two. But someone usually came to ruin the moment when either they realized Cole was gone or Nya saw I was gone.

Still, to this day, they don't know. Or maybe they do and just have confronted us that they do know. But I highly doubt they know with everything they do.

"Why are you so stressed about this song." He said, now sitting up with the covers covering the bottom half of his body. He was shirtless, which was already a distraction, from taking a long nap in my room. He got hot easily to he always slept in just his boxers and kept the apartment pretty cold.