Series! Cole x Reader }} Baking is the way to a Ninja's Heart

A/N: This was so cute to write omg, fluff gets me everytime.

What's your favorite Cole look from the series?

Mines probably The Island, they all look good in that season honestly.

Unedited⚠️

Word count: 3300

Y/N's P.O.V

Owning a Bakery in Ninjago City had its perks. One was that there was always business. Two was I lived on top of my bakery so I had no commute. Three was the Earth Ninja always visiting my store specifically.

I didn't know how to feel about the last one. One of Ninjagos heros came in to my store 10 a.m. every Saturday morning, 11 a.m. Sunday mornings, and Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays around 9 a.m. to eat Chocolate cake and drink tea and he always stayed for 2 hours. I don't know why he chose my store out of the hundred that surround the city and the villages, because I'm sure there were plenty that were closer to where he lived than mine. B/N (bakery name) I guess caught his attention. I didn't realize my cake tasted so much better than everyone else's.

He occasionally brought his friends, but it wasnt often. I wasn't complaining but it was intimidating as hell to have him around.

Today was like every other Saturday, I got up and did my personal routine before making my way down to the bakery. I did a similar look I did everyday, mom jeans with a simple t-shirt, my hair in a claw clip, some tinted lip gloss, mascara, eyeliner, did my eyebrows, and added jewelry to match the vibe of my outfit. And the most important part, my black high top converse, depending on the day I would wear some more of my patterned, more fancy, converse - but today was not that day. I started to bake an hour before it opened to get everything ready for the day. I always made stuff fresh, and made sure to make just enough or more for the day. Any scraps I had left over I usually gave away to some of the homeless that lived a few blocks down or offered it to the people who were there until close.

I started on the breakfast items first, some regular breakfast items and some more fancy ones like tarts. I made some fruit bowls and placed the items in the corresponding display coolers or heaters depending on the baking good. I stared up the coffee and tea machines as well, getting all of the coffee and tea brewed into the pitchers. I stocked up the custom bar I had that contained different milks, creamers, sugars, syrups, etc. for add ons for people's drinks. I made sure all the dairy was good as well, that was important. I whipped down the tables and chairs and added small flower vases in the middle.  I got the booths set up, swept the store and cleaned up a bit during the time between baking. Finally, 9 a.m. rolled around and it was time to unlock the door and roll up the blinds. I opened at 7 during the weekdays because of the early morning workers but gave my self until 9 on Saturdays and 10 on Sundays, I was open from 7 to 4 on the weekdays. There were already a few people waiting outside when I opened. All the early morning people ready for something to kick start the day.

The first 30 minutes were usually the slowest, the breakfast food and coffee went by the quickest. Once 9:30 rolled around my best friend, Marinette, came to help. She took over the register while I stayed more in the back to finish the cakes. I decided to spice up the cakes today, adding some different flavors to add some pizzazz. I added strawberry buttercream and crushed strawberrys with strawberry filling to the cake. Some chocolate drizzle around the edges. I added cookies and Cream to the vanilla, and a few different options to the mix. I got all the bunt cakes in little containers and stuck them out first, then added the cakes to the stands for display.

By the time 10 rolled around I switched places with Mari and waiting for my annual special guest.

He didn't show up.