Movie! Lloyd x Reader }} Prom

A/N: This is definitely influenced by my sadness of never getting a prom because I was class of 2021. The prom outfit above is what I would have worn, it will be used as a description but you can always add your own! I completely forgot to add makeup to the picture but it will be described (minimal as always unless you want more too, feel free to add!)

Enjoy my grieving process after seeing 2022 prom pictures. Thank you.

Unedited⚠️

Word count: 3765

Y/N's P.O.V

Prom season, what usually blossoms new relationships has never made me feel so single. It was so painful seeing every couple in the school snuggled up and watching people ask each other with romantic gestures and punny yet cheesey signs. I never understood why people got so excited.

That's a lie, I was dying for someone to ask me. But not just anyone, Lloyd Garmadon to be specific. I had a few people ask if I was attending with anyone, I said I wasn't interested and left it at that.

Lloyd was extremely closed off. Being the school's target because of his father being the biggest reason. It was so hard to watch him just try to live and watch the school popular walk all over him. I've had the biggest crush on him since sophmore year, it was now senior year and no progress was made on my end. I didnt know if our friends knew about my crush, but I secretly hoped they didn't because they were all super close before I got into the group.

I think the only person I would be okay with knowing would be Nya. She could be very pushy though, I think she does know now that I think about it. She always made sure my a Lloyd got grouped together in pairs with projects, she would always try and get me and Lloyd alone together by making the others leave first - oh she definitely knows.

"What do you mean none of you are going?" I exclaimed, questioning my friends at the lunch table.

"We can't go to prom." Cole shrugged.

"Yeah, got that part. But why? It's our senior year. Why would you not want to go to prom? We could all go as a group." I frowned.

"Our parents said no." Nya quipped. "So unfortunately we can't go."

"I thinks it's best that way." Lloyd said, giving me a soft smile.

"Oh." I sighed.

"Why don't you just go to dinner with your parents?" Nya asked, trying to lighten my mood.

"Because I already bought my ticket."

"You could sell it to someone else." Jay said.

"I already have my dress and everything." I frowned again. "Its okay, I'll just go alone. I don't want to miss prom."

"I'm sorry, Y/N." Nya said sadly. What made them all back out with that lame exuse.

I never did find out why they bailed on me. So here I am, putting the finishing touches on my look before going into the living room. My parents were hesitant, prom has a bad track record, but felt better when it was announced the Ninja would be the security. I wasn't the party type anyway. I was probably going to eat and drink some punch - that hopefully isn't spiked - and possibly sit at a table alone.