: ̗̀➛ Chapter 11

Hee-seul sulks at the opposite corner where Na-yeon decided to throw tantrums. The former displaying no emotion yet her eyes were sharp, glaring daggers to everything. If they were in an anime, there will be a black aura surrounding her. Both Min-jun and Kyung sat beside her, the former keeps looking at the girl while biting his lips like he's in a deep thinking.

He releases a sigh for the nth time before grabbing something on the inside pocket of his coat. The familiar rustles of plastic made Hee-seul to snap her head towards her left, eyes focusing on the familiar golden color wrapper before it flew to meet Min-jun's eyes.

She watches as Min-jun rips a hole on the plastic, the latter grabbing her hand and turning it so her palm is facing the ceiling. Hee-seul expected him to place the gummy bear on her hand but he tilts the packaging, letting a couple of pieces to fall on her palm.

"Yah?" Her tone of disbelief made a ghost smile to appear on Kyung's lips, thankful that she's not looking at him as he averted his eyes.

"You could only eat a few. We're on scarcity." Min-jun responded simply, folding the opening of the wrapper before stashing it back on the pocket inside of his coat.

Hee-seul eyes to three pieces gummy bears on her palm-- the disappointment and disbelief on her eyes turn into glare as she directed it to Min-jun, "What the fuck do you see me as? A child?"

"Hmm," Min-jun humms, "You've got an emotional range of a 6 years old." he coughs awkwardly when Hee-seul's glare darken considerably.

He raises both of his arm, scooting backwards away from Hee-seul so she wouldn't reach him, "Chill, daughter of hades. We're not sure how long we're staying here and we can't have a fiery girl with an emotional range of a teaspoon while surviving a zombie apocalypse."

Hee-seul sulked but shove those three pieces of gummy bears in her mouth all at once, letting herself relax once the sweetness burst on her tongue.

"Aren't you afraid of getting a diabetes?" Joon-yeong wonder out loud, "Whenever I see you, you're either eating sweets or opening a wrapper of sweets."

"I'm not diabetic and I only eat a moderate amount of sweets," the now calm Hee-seul responded.

Min-jun snorted, "Her doctor and dentist advised her to limit sweet intakes that's why she can't eat candies without our supervision."

It was an unspoken rule that only Kyung and Min-jun can give her candies because they are monitoring her intake. Hee-seul can lie but she can't hide anything from those two.

"Even as a child, Hee-seul already has a sweet tooth." Wu-jin chimed in, eyes gleaming with happiness when flashes of their childhood memories replays on her mind.

Hee-seul felt her mood depletes, knowing that the sweet memory of Wu-jin was a terrible memory she forces herself to forget. As a child, she was expected to watch her weight, forced to undergo diets at the age of six and deprived of eating everything she wants. Her stepmother forbids her to even eat anything with sugar. If it's not because of Wu-jin and Ha-ri, she doubt she would ever have a normal childhood. There's nothing normal in a family with over-controlling and manipulated step mother who forces her child to do things on her way--- and it's not even a good a way.

She heave a sigh, not really wanting to deal with sadness so she pushes the feeling on the very back once again, "Sugars triggers the dopamine and endorphine in our brain which boosts the mood of an individual. I only eat sweets when I'm mad or in a bad mood."

Gyeong-su scratches his head, "I don't understand a thing on that first sentence but does that mean you're always not in a mood?"

"Stupid humans are testing my patience every second, it's not my fault they annoy me." Hee-seul stated, eyes glaring at Na-yeon who has both of her arms on top of the table with head buried in.