: ̗̀➛ Chapter 37

"I want to stay like this," Wu-jin utters with his eyes close, letting the cold breeze to caress his face while their body is being warmed by the blanket they share. Their feet were still dangling on the side of the building yet the perturbation of falling to their death were already pushed to the deepest crevice of their mind.

"What? Running away from walking cadavers?" Hee-seul snorted.

This made Wu-jin's eyes to open, his long lashes fluttering as he was welcomed by the dark sky on top of them, "No. Minus the zombies roaming around and threatening our existence, I would like to stay like this. Us beside each other under the moonlight and stars. It reminds me of when we would sneak around at night to stargaze in our rooftop until we went home with runny nose because of the cold."

A ghost smile appears on Hee-seul's lips. She did remember those time. Those times that she believed to have  a major contribution on why her heart beats eratically and the fuzzy feeling on her stomach whenever she sees Wu-jin. She always love the moon even before her life took a turn, loving the serene feeling it gives her as she watch the gleaming stars around it. It was beautiful-- but Wu-jin's more beautiful with its light casting on his face and making his smile appears brighter. She wouldn't admit it out loud but Wu-jin and Moonlight should be illegal to see.

"There's no star to watch. What are you saying?" Hee-seul shrugs of her thought, not liking how she's slowly slipping down on the rabbit hole and end up getting hurt again. She misses her best friend and she's not going to destroy their second chance by falling in love with him again, "I think it's going to rain."

"I don't have to look at the sky to find stars," Wu-jin smirk, head turning first before his eyes met her, "All I have to do is to look at your eyes and I'll see my whole entire universe."

Blush appears on Hee-seul's cheeks as it begins to warm up, lips turning upright as she meets Wu-jin's flirty gaze, "Did you really compare my eyes to the stars?" she chuckles, "I remember being told that I have the void in my eyes so if anything, I would be a night sky clear of stars."

At her question, something seems to snap inside Wu-jin, "They are just saying that because they couldn't look directly at your eyes," he pouted, remembering the rumors he had heard in the past about the girl, "I don't even understand why they're so scared of you. You're not scary at all."

"Really?"

Wu-jin blinked, turning to face the sky when Hee-seul raises an eyebrow at him because damn-- she's hot when she's doing that!

"Umm," He nodded, "Because everytime I see you, I can only see the girl who held my hands while we're crossing the hanging bridge because I'm scared."

"Well, I don't hold anybody's hand so they won't know that for sure." Hee-seul shrugs, crossing her arms in front of her chest before returning her gaze back at the dark sky.

A frown appears on Wu-jin's face as his eyes turned sharp, "You can't just hold anybody's hand! If I see you holding anyone's hand, it's not my fault if I snap their wrist and bend their fingers."

She was about to respond when their soft moment was interrupted by the commotions near them, someone calling her name between the rukus.

The couple of best friends simultaneously sat up, heads turned to the direction of the campfire as their eyes squint to assess the situation, their minds lagging for a moment because of their earlier moment but Hee-seul was the first one to jolt up, jumping in the rooftop as her feet landed on the concrete floor with a muffled sound. Wu-jin followed closely behind her, although confused but could sense the tension on the group.

Hee-seul's rush footsteps turn into a sprint when she saw Min-jun being tossed to the pile of broken chairs, landing on top of Su-hyeok with a groan. Kyung rushes to him while Joon-yeong rushes to check for Su-hyeok, both lads groaning and writhing in pain probably because the place they landed were all metals.