: ̗̀➛ Chapter 13

"What exactly are we looking for?" Kyung asks, rummaging through the thick compilation of folders on the cabinet.

"I don't know. Something suspicious, I guess?" Min-jun responded, not really helping but roaming around the lab like a bored child. He halted, eyes zeroing on the transparent cage hidden below the table, "Oh, look! A hamster." he exclaimed, "It's so cute!"

Hee-seul didn't even need to look back because she already know that he's poking around the cage, "Min-jun ah, the number one rule when you're in a science lab is to never poke any hamster or rat that was put in a cage."

"Why though? They're so cute?" Min-jun retorted, knocking on the glass cage which aggravated the white hamster inside, "Oh, it's getting mad and looks like someone I know." he gave Hee-seul a knowing look but pouted when he saw that she's not even looking.

"Hamsters and Rats are often used for lab testing so you don't want touching any of those in a lab," Hee-seul responded.

Min-jun retracted his hand like he got burned, standing quickly and leaving the little fur of white throw tantrums inside the box.

"Why are you not focusing on your task, Min-jun? You're supposed to open the laptop." Kyung pointed out, stashing the compilation of paper back to its compartment.

"I don't know how to hack an encrypted gadget, Kyung. I'm not YangYang." he retaliated, "Mr. Lee is an old man right? Maybe he wrote his password on a paper and hide it."

"The Mr. Lee you're talking about is also the one who possibly started this apocalypse, Min-jun. A science teacher who's smart enough to do this things." Hee-seul stated, kneeling on the floor and pulling out the small trashcan filled with scratch papers.

"Did you really think he can make a chemical that will result to this? What if it has a natural reason behind. I mean, bacterias and viruses are everywhere." Kyung voiced out, "And are you actually rummaging the trash?"

This made Hee-seul to stop what she's doing, "Honestly, I didn't think of that but Mr. Lee is really sus. Why would he inject something to Kim Hyeon-ju-- who I think is the first one to get infected?" she returns to rummaging the trash can, "And this is only papers, Kyung. It's not even disgusting."

"Maybe to find a cure?" Min-jun suggested, "We don't even know how Kim Hyeon-ju got the virus or if she's really infected."

"She's infected, I'm telling you-- aww what's that?" Hee-seul's brow furrowed in confusion when she felt something sharp poke her fingers and when she pulls it out, she's very thankful that it didn't pierce through her gloves, "A syringe?"

She place the syringe on top of the desk, pouring the content of the trash can to the floor to make it more easier for her. And that's where she found the empty small vial of unknown medicine. She grabs it with her gloved hand, looking closely to read the label, "Benzodiazepine?" she read the label, brows furrowed as she tries to pronounce it, "Kyung ah, what does it mean?"

Kyung came from the family of doctors and nurses, their family owning multiple branches of hospitals all around Asia so when it comes to this things, Hee-seul always turn to Kyung.

But Kyung doesn't have any interest with medicines as he's more gifted in sports, "I don't know exactly what it does but it's a type of sedative medication."

"Maybe he used it to keep Kim Hyeon-ju from sho---- holy shit!"

The trio flinched when the door suddenly swung open and Cheong-san came rushing in and straight to the mannequin. Cheong-san halted midway of removing the mannequin's arm, "What are you guys doing here? Are you stealing?"