vi. Soldat!

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX.

───────────────.˚₊❖

— STEVE WAS CURRENTLY IN A GLASS OFFICE WAITING FOR TONY, WATCHING JAMES AND IZETA ON THE CAMERAS.

She was in the room beside James, locked up. Natasha had put her in some daily clothes. That's the least she could do.

It was clear she was still struggling to breathe with the thick necklace that sedated her powers around her neck. Well, she wouldn't exactly call it a necklace.

"Hey, you wanna see something cool? I pulled something from Dad's archives. Felt timely. FDR signed the Lend- Lease bill with these in 1941. Provided support to the Allies when they needed it most." Stark said, walking in the room and handing him a box of two old school pens.

"Some might say it brought our country closer to war." Steve smirked, making Tony chuckle.

"See? If not for these, you wouldn't be here. I'm trying to . . . What do you call it? That's an olive branch. Is that what you call it?" Tony sighed, taking a seat in front of the blonde.

"Is Pepper here? I didn't see her." Steve questioned, disregarding his words.

"We're kinda . . . Well, not kinda . ." Tony trailed off. "Pregnant?" Steve finished.

"No. Definitely not. We're taking a break. It's nobody's fault." Tony scoffed, making Steve frown.

"I'm so sorry, Tony. I didn't know." Steve apologised, looking down.

"A few years ago, I almost lost her, so I trashed all my suits. Then, we had to mop HYDRA . . and then Ultron, my fault. And then, and then, and then, I never stopped. Because the truth is I don't wanna stop. I don't wanna lose her. I thought maybe the Accords could split the difference. In her defense, I'm a handful. Yet, Dad was a pain in the ass, but he and Mom always made it work." Stark explained, before standing up and walking towards the glass wall.