Chapter 2: Welcome Home

Megatron stood in front of the sign that advertised his old hometown. The cartoony fish's beady eye bored into his spark, the sun peeking through the clouds, its rays shining on his armor, he had changed his armor up shortly after murdering Elita and her band. He remembers how easy it was, pinning them to the bed or the wall, digging the knife they used to sacrifice Orion into their abdomens and watching pink energon flow from the wounds like a fountain, they tried to put up a fight but he easily incapacitated them, using his newly gifted strength he broke limbs and threw them through tables. He remembers seeing the energon from their bodies splatter the walls. He remembers driving the knife into Elita's chest and watching her bleed out, then leaving the fancy hotel room they had gotten. He remembers walking down the hall, past a giggling and squealing gaggle of fans, holding CDs and posters for them to sign, only to have their squeals morph into screams of horror as they saw the bloody scene.

He soon began walking, his armor was no longer a silvery white with red accents, it was now a deep dull gold color with blue accents, he saw transports driving past him on the road, he didn't give them any mind. He kept walking.

By the time he reached town the sun was already setting and the moon was rising. He walked down the streets, they were empty, most likely the people were sleeping, or getting ready for the celebrations tomorrow night. He looked around and saw what has changed.

The mansion that Mirage used to live in was still up, except now it looked unkempt and poorly maintained. The lawn looked gnarly and in desperate need of a clean mow, the silver grass was growing. The curtains were drawn shut, he remembers seeing Mirage's mother staring out the window shortly after finding out the town's richest kid was murdered and eaten.

He kept walking, he saw new houses that were put up, making the town bigger than what it used to be. He sees new stores in place of old ones he used to frequent back then. He soon reached a familiar home, and walked to it.

His old home, it looked like it hadn't changed at all. He jiggled the doorknob, locked, but with a little demon strength, he broke in.

His Sire was not inside, he looked around to see nothing has changed.

The kitchen? Same, even with the old radio on the shelf.

The living room? Same, especially with that tacky brown wallpaper. Megatron remembers breaking down in there after Orion terrified him by standing in the middle of the road covered in energon, and jumpscaring him by jumping onto the front of the transport and smashing the windshield.

He sighed, and left the house, he stepped over a pile of unopened mail that seemed to have been dropped unceremoniously onto the front step.

He walked down the steps and went to the other place he was most familiar with.

Unicron's Kettle High School.

The exterior looked the same, Megatron stared up at the lettering on the entrance, it wasn't flashy. He went to the door, only to be greeted with it being locked.

He pulled, it didn't budge. And let out a frustrated sigh. He already broke his house's front door, he can't break this one, but how else can he get in? With a casual pull, he broke the lock and easily opened it thanks to the demon strength. He walked in.

All the lights were off, leaving everything in a dark hue of black. He carefully stepped through the halls. His digits tracing a row of lockers, the metal cool to the touch. He walked slowly, peering into classrooms and seeing what has changed.

He peered into Mr. Impactor's science class, seeing very little has changed, except for a smart board now replacing the old fashioned chalkboard he used to take notes off of. He paused for a moment, seeing the old assigned seat he used to share with Orion. He could visualize himself back then, sitting next to Orion, both of them dissecting animals or secretly exchanging notes during class.

He couldn't help but sadly smile. Those memories were sweet to look back on, but they were also bitter. In hindsight he remembers doing all the work, Orion busy with doodling in his notebook or checking his reflection, he always was obsessed with his image.

He soon kept walking, and saw that a trophy cabinet was dimly lit, illuminating the inside and a small part of the floor as well. Curious, he approached it.

There were no trophies inside, instead it was decorated with a purple backdrop, with paper flowers on the side. In big white lettering on top read 'In Memory Of.' He soon looked down and saw pictures of his former classmates.

First was Mirage, wearing a suit, it was probably from one of the dances the school throws in the fall or spring, he was smiling sweetly in the picture, an arm was around his shoulders, below his picture was a small piece of paper, his name written on it in fancy black cursive.

Next to his picture was Swindle, he was dressed up in his usual attire, wearing his jewelry and such, his face giving an awkward 'please help me' expression, he was in a classroom, sitting at a desk, holding a pencil. Below the picture was his name. Megatron smiled sadly, the guilt still there.

After him came Starscream, who was wearing his band uniform, holding his drumsticks, smiling at the camera. He was in the school gym. This was probably at a pep rally before a game or something. Megatron looked at the picture, gently touching the glass casing.

Then he saw the fourth and final picture, and instantly all the guilt and sadness was washed away by a tidal wave of anger.

Orion.

Orion was below the three pictures, in his picture he was in his cheer uniform, he was smiling brightly, looking at someone off camera, his arm up in a wave.

Megatron glared at the picture in anger, Orion shouldn't be on this memorial wall. He killed those mechs, ate them. He ripped up Mirage behind the school, devoured Swindle in that unfinished house, he knows cause he saw it while having interface with Starscream in what could best be described as visions, he saw Orion ripping open Swindle's chest, he saw the energon splattering the walls pink. He saw him slurping up the energon like a wild animal. He walked in on Orion biting on Starscream's neck in the abandoned pool. His picture shouldn't be in this trophy case. Megatron's breathing quickened, his gaze locked onto the picture of his former amica.

With a scream of rage, he drew back a fist and swung at the case, the glass shattered into a million little pieces and crumbled onto the floor like snow.

Megatron quickly stormed out, throwing open the doors, breaking them in the process.