Chapter 16: Hunting Fair Grounds

Six Lasers Over Cybertron Amusement Park was quite large, being in the Iacon City part of the land, it had roller coasters, a carousel, a ferris wheel, games and food vendors, and a drop tower, the paths were lit by strings of lights between tents.

During the loading process, the students were packing onto a bus, happily talking away, unaware that they were joined by someone...

He was in low rise pants that were cinched with a studded belt, a tight shirt, and a cropped hoodie that was black and dotted with bright red hearts. He casually climbed onto the bus with simple steps.

Meanwhile, at the police station, Roller was packing his belt, he got his flashlight, his taser, his blaster, cuffs, mace, and spare mags.

Minimus saw him, "You going to the fair?"

Roller nodded, "I am. Can't risk the killer following a bus full of teenagers."

Minimus nodded back, "I agree."

Roller finished preparing his belt and went to the door, "Minimus?"

"Yeah?" The smaller bot asked, looking at the taller one.

"Who do you think was the killer? From 5 years ago?"

"I honestly have no clue." Minimus answered truthfully.

Roller simply nodded and walked out to his cruiser, he remembers what it was like 5 years ago. Back on the academy campus, learning how to do takedowns, patrol routines, learn codes for different crimes, he remembers letting out a girlish scream when he got shocked in the back by a taser. Course he also remembers the day he met Orion, he was still fresh in the academy, Orion was a sophomore, it was a small town, people talked, but no one did anything but merely frown at the notion of a bot in his 20s getting fresh with a teenager. Eventually the two hooked up, and became fuck buddies. They meet up in secret and do the deed, always using protection of course.

Eventually the fire happened, and Orion was... sacrificed. He wasn't there but he can imagine how scared he must have been, how confused, how shocked, how lonely.

But back then, 5 years ago, when the killings were happening, no one knew it was the only male cheerleader doing them. Everyone thought it was a masked menace or traveling cannibal. Roller certainly thought so, when he discovered Starscream's body.

Newly minted officer Roller was exploring the abandoned pool house. His servo was gripping the flashlight firmly. He had been sent to deal with a call from Starscream's Carrier about him not coming home last night, he searched and questioned the students at the dance, the band performing (though looking back on it now, he should rip up that autograph picture and toss it in the trash) and the chaperones. It lead to a dead end, so he searched at the usual places horny teens like to do the dirty at, behind the walls at school, in an alleyway, and lastly the abandoned pool.

The pool house had a nickname, The Dead Pool. Way back when, it used to be full of life, with swim classes, free pool time, and such. But soon there were cutbacks, and the pool was abandoned, the water wasn't drained and as a result it got full of scum and muck, turning into a dark murky brown from a clear crystal blue. Roller entered through a door that somehow never stays locked. He turns on the flashlight and walks through the building. His footsteps echoing.

He soon stumbled across the wet and bloody body of Starscream, his suit was drenched and clinging to his body, he was surrounded by dead vines and wet leaves in a mockery of Ophelia, his neck was torn open and bleeding pink energon, mixing with the water. His optics were gray and dull. With a shocked expression, Roller dropped his flashlight.

Roller made it to his cruiser, he got in, still deep in his thoughts.

"Hey copper." A voice spoke up.