Chapter 4: Disciples of Orion

Megatron was taken aback by their appearance, the broody bad boy look with the dark colors was apparently out and the bot next door look was in. These guys looked nothing like the Seekers. Their armor was much brighter in color and their optics were sapphire blue. The leader had on a yellow faceplate, his armor was white and red. The other members were busy setting up their instruments.

Misfire commented, "Kinda misleading in the name, huh?" All Megatron could do was nod in agreement. He wanted to go over and introduce himself, similar to how Orion did back then.

He was about to when the lead singer grabbed the mic, "Good afternoon Unicron's Kettle." The patrons all approached the stage, Megatron did, Misfire stayed behind.

The lead singer continued, "My name is Getaway, and these are my bandmates Jazz, Ricochet, and Blackarachnia, we are Disciples of Orion, and we extend our sparks to your town to celebrate 5 years of healing."

Soon the music played, it was much more uplifting and pop flavored compared to Elita's indie rock that was everywhere 5 years ago.

Megatron watched the crowd, and saw couples dancing with one another. Bots tapping their pedes or nodding along to the beat. He was about to let loose and have fun when out of the corner of his optic he spotted something.

He saw a pair of femmes talking, one was wearing a very form fitting outfit with heels and the other wore comfy clothes complete with a hoodie. They were giggling and laughing. It reminded him of him and Orion back then. But this pair seemed much healthier than his relationship ever was.

Then the song ended and the audience cheered happily, politely clapping while the band bowed. Getaway soon spoke.

"This song is dedicated to our band's namesake, the late Orion Pax!"

The song started, it had a gothic feel to it. Megatron frowned.

Highschool hottie

Only 17....

Cheerleader, not a spotter.

Looks so gorgeous you could give up your spleen.

Orion, Orion, Orion Pax

Gone too soon.

Orion, Orion, Orion Pax

Now your spark is with the moon.

Megatron glared at the band, of course they named themselves after that son of a bitch. He bets Orion would be flattered to have a band named after him. He could hear him now.

"Of course they'd name themselves after me, it's no surprise, I was the Snowflake King after all."

He chugged a sip of high grade to drown out the thought in his processor.

Soon the song ended, and Megatron watched the two femmes walk up to the stage, giggling happily. He tried to listen in but the chatter of the crowd was too loud to discern anything. But he could tell Getaway was casually talking to them, arms on his hips and nodding and smiling.

Maybe he could be wrong about this band... Time has moved forward after all.

Then one of the femmes asked Getaway, the pretty dressed one, if they could get a drink with him to take pictures of. He watched Getaway pause, then ask if they were of age.

Yeah, he most definitely is wrong of this guy. They said they were and ran off to get drinks. Megatron soon stood closer to the stage, near some old arcade games, pretending to play with them, he tried to hear the band's conversation. He could only get snippets.

"You sure about this, man?" Jazz asked.

"They seem nice, after all, they are getting us free drinks." Blackarachnia answered, putting on her black lipstick. She had a death grip on the now abandoned goth aesthetic.

"I know, it's just... is tonight the night?" Jazz asked. The other mech, Ricochet, pulled out his comm cell and opened it, checking something Megatron couldn't see on screen.

"It is. And after tonight, we'll be playing in the big leagues." Ricochet answered.

Big leagues? What are they talking about?

"Hush, you three, you can't be giving away too much, not here." Getaway reprimanded, "Besides, this town is used to misery, what would more misery do? Break their sparks? Nah, those two virgins won't know what hit them."

Megatron nearly broke the arcade joystick with his demonic strength, no. No. NO. Not again.

He was about to confront them when he saw the two femmes approach, with rainbow drinks, topped with candy that made it fizz. The band put on a facade of gratitude and took the drinks and sipped, taking pictures and selfies with the two femmes. Megatron was about to march over when they left the area through a backdoor exit.

So, he followed them.

He saw a van parked nearby. And his spark sank, it wasn't the same as the one The Seekers used, but the thought was still there. This van was clean, and decorated with the band's logo on the side. The door was opened, and inside was a carpeted floor, with bean bags chairs inside, and posters were taped up on the walls, lights hung on wires were illuminating the inside. He watched them all climb in, and drive off.

All Megatron could think was...

Not again.