fourteen- nova

"Why do I have to hold this stuff?" Carter complains for the tenth time in the last five minutes

I could have easily come here alone, free of Carter Grant's company, but no, it's too late for that and I am not alone.

I don't see why he expects me to hold anything anyway. I told him we would need a cart but he said that we were only getting a few things so there was no point.

He was obviously wrong.

"Do you want a reminder on who said we didn't need a cart? I know for a fact it wasn't me." I pass him a pack of gummy snakes.

"Yeah, yeah Chetti. Why do we need gummy snakes?" He looks at me like I'm an idiot.

"Because I want gummy snakes. Do you have an issue with that Grant?" He scoffs and shakes his head at me.

"No problem Chetti. Just proving my point." I thin my eyes at him and attempt to elbow him in the stomach, but he uses his arm to stop me reaching him.

"Your point being what? That I'm a child?" He nods slowly and I smile fakely at him. "Are you saying gummy snakes are for children?"

"I never said that." He defends himself and I roll my eyes at him.

"You were thinking it Grant." He opens his mouth to say something but before he can speak I throw a pack of chips at him.

"Wow Chetti, violence is never the answer." The bag of chips hits the ground and splits. How great. "See."

"How about you go get someone to clean this mess up Grant. I'll go get a cart." Carter looks me up and down and then starts laughing.

"Oh really? You're being serious. You threw the bag of chips, you clean up your own mess Chetti." I know he's sort of right. But I'm not telling him that. I refuse to tell him that.

"How are you going to get a cart with all of that in your arms?" I ask him. He looks at the ceiling briefly then looks back down at me.

"I'll figure it out Chetti. Your mess, your problem." Carter walks off and heads in the direction of the carts.

Wow. I thought he'd end up cleaning up the chips.

I scan the supermarket and see a cute guy about my age. He's wearing the employee's uniform, so I figure I can tell him about the mess I made.

"Excuse me." I smile at him and he turns around to face me. Well, tower over me. He's probably as tall as Carter, maybe just a bit shorter.

"Yes ma'am." He says sweetly. I'm guessing he's out of college, by the looks of it anyway. He's got stubble on his face and this kind of older guy vibe.

"My company, accidentally burst a bag of chips. Is there anything we can can clean it up with?" I question him and he shakes his head.

"Don't worry about it ma'am, happens all the time. Thanks for the heads up." I nod and smile at him.