thirty one- carter

She has cinnamon all over her lips

I love churros as much as the next person but I've never seen someone as excited as Nova Chetti to eat churros.

"Chetti." I say and reach my arm over to her face.

She's on the other side of the table and I'm debating on stretching over it and wiping the cinnamon off her lips.

She looks like she's in her own person heaven though, who the fuck would I be to take that from her?

"And you say I'm the one with a staring problem." She raises an eyebrow at me while licking her lips clean of the cinnamon.

I stare at Nova Chetti more than she'll ever fucking imagine.

I don't mean that in a stalkery way. It sounds like I do, but I don't.

It's just insane to me that a girl can be as perfect as her.

Looking at her is like I'm in some euphoric state I don't ever want to leave.

And I don't just stare at her because she's pretty.

I stare at her when she's laughing, smiling, speaking, when she's glaring at all of us and talking about something she's passionate about.

I stare at her like every word she is saying is worth billions.

"Grant." She kicks me from under the table and pain flashes through my shin.

I bend down to hold my hands against where she hurt me.

"You do know I feel pain Chetti?" I take a sharp breath and groan.

"Sorry." She smiles and apologises.

I can't even tell if she's sorry.

"What did Lev say when you told him?" I forgot about that.

My phone's probably been blowing up with texts wondering where the fuck the two of us are.

They'll stop caring soon, but for Nova's sake I'll reply.

"Forgot. I will now." I take my phone out of my trouser pocket and turn on my power.

"I'm shocked you didn't lie." Nova looks quite proud of me.

"You lie more than I do."

"Not true."

"Lying right now." I hum and she rolls her eyes at me.

"Text him."

I open my phone to see a couple of missed calls from Stoke, Nate, Romi and Levi.

Twenty texts on the group chat.

And a text from Levi telling me I better have good reason for vanishing.

With a wink following after.