fifteen- carter

I think Nova must be on something

She's sat in front of our friends, in my hoodie, trying to argue that watching a romance film together is a good idea.

I don't really give a shit about what film we're watching, I just give a shit if Nova's enjoying it.

She came to my room, fucking pissed me off, and then just turned out to be lying about inviting Jude over.

What pissed me off the most was how she looked like she was the happiest since moving here.

She got all happy by making me annoyed. What kind of whack shit is that?

Fucking A.

I don't think I instigated the argument. I asked her for some chick's number and she went off at me. I left it and walked off. Clearly, I doubted Nova Chetti's bitterness towards me.

Anyway, what's worse is she's sat on the same couch as me. We're on opposite ends, nowhere near touching. But at the same time I can feel the warmth radiating off her. Fuck.

"Give up Chetti. None of us want to watch whatever crappy romance film you want us to watch." I tell her and she completely blanks me.

"So I think either 27 Dresses or He's just not that into you." The only other people who don't seem to mind watching whatever Nova wants are Theo and Romi.

Romi because she's trying desperately to keep the peace.

Theo because, it's Theo.

"I'm gonna go grab food." Mateo says and strolls out of the living room.

One by one our friends are going to start leaving this room. They all think Nova and I are about to break out into some massive fight over a fucking movie.

We're not psychotic. At least I'm not.

"Can you seriously not just turn on a movie Chetti?" She scoffs and folds her arms.

"It's not as if that's what I've been trying to do Grant."

"You're not doing it effectively." I remark. As soon as I respond Nova dives for the remote. So I dive for the remote straight after her.

My head meets a hard surface as a squeal escapes Nova Chetti's mouth. I rear back and Nova does the same.

We bumped heads.

"You idiot!" Nova rubs the top of her head and messes up her hair.

She still looks pretty.

Fuck.

I can't live with this girl for a month.

She plays her music way too loud, dramatic and a compulsive liar, maybe.

She's all those things and more.

"I'm an idiot?" She can't be fucking serious.

"I dived for the remote first."