nineteen- carter

Nova is worse than Bree when she's drunk

When Nova drinks it's almost as if she drinks truth serum.

And instead of being normal twenty-year old Nova Chetti she becomes all hyper and acts like she's twelve.

She looked all flushed when I opened the bathroom door last night. Her cheeks were tinted pink and a frown was etched upon her face.

I figured she was upset about something and told the blonde I was with I'd meet her in five.

I didn't.

I avoided her for the rest of the night.

Partially because I was tired but mostly because I couldn't get what Nova said out of my head.

I'm sorry your girlfriend cheated on you.

How the fuck does she know?

And why didn't she make some snarky comment like 'she probably cheated because you're an asshole.'?

The way she said it sounded so sincere despite her never being sincere towards me.

I'm over the whole cheating thing now. But still, Nova's comment didn't stop me from not being able to sleep well.

It seems she has a way of preventing me from sleeping at this point.

But I think the most important thing I got out of drunk Nova was that she can't move back into her apartment.

And she told me not to tell Levi.

Probably because he'd tell her to permanently move in with us, and she probably doesn't want that.

I don't know.

"Carter." Theo starts knocking on my door lightly and I look at my phone to check the time.

9:00.

I don't have class all day and I don't have anything to do.

"Yeah come on in man." I say loud enough for him to hear me.

Theo pushes my door open and has a mug in his hand. He's got some apron on that says 'kiss the cook' and his hairs all messed up.

"Nov helped with breakfast. It was stressful." He starts telling me and puts my mug on the table beside my bed. "We made food for all of us."

"Be down in a minute." Theo nods and leaves my room. When he turns around I realise he's shirtless.

He's been cooking shirtless with a hungover Nova Chetti.

Something inside my heart tugs and I shrug it off.

I grab the mug Theo left on the table and take a sip of whatever drink he gave me.

Tea.

I fucking hate tea. I don't get how English people drink it till their teeth turn yellow.

I push my sheets off me and get out of my bed.