twenty one- carter

I did something stupid

I did a few stupid things.

The captain of the other team, some guy whose shirt said James, had some issue with me.

Almost the entire game he was on my ass.

When I say on my ass I mean he was throwing his body into mine for about forty minutes, until I'd finally had enough of his shit.

I don't remember the details but I punched him square in the jaw.

One minute my hand was beside my body, eyes focused on the ball.

Next minute my hand was in my other hand bruised, eyes focused on the redness of my knuckles.

The guy was basically alright and everyone at the game could see he had the punch coming anyway.

But the referee didn't really see it like that.

Neither did Coach Hart.

I got a yellow card and Coach wouldn't allow me to play for the rest of the game.

So the captain of the other team had a smug smile on his face and I had to enjoy the bench with Cody who got put there aswell.

The girls were all sat behind me, along with Nate's little sister, talking about the game while I'm pretty sure Nova was asleep.

I know she wasn't asleep the entire game.

While I was on the field I could see her looking at me. Burning her pretty eyes into me.

I've never seen her take the slightest interest in soccer so I don't know why she was really looking at me anyway.

But I'm not going to complain.

Eventually the guy's smile left his face once Stoke scored a goal.

Once I left the field he had moved to shoving Nate around, who could clearly handle the guy annoying him better than I could. I don't know how he managed to keep his cool though.

The less time left in the game, the more violent the ass got.

The referee must have been the most bias man on the fucking planet. The amount of 'unsportsmanlike conduct' that guy did was insane.

Deep down I think Coach took me off the field just to get me away from the guy, but that's not what he's saying right now.

Coach Hart has been angry at players before. Freshman year I remember some sophomores had got drunk the night before and the worst hangover during practice.

Coach yelled about them so much he didn't talk the rest of practice. Pretty sure he almost lost his voice.

But right now the look in Coach Hart's eyes is pure madness.

Zoning out his voice wasn't the right choice.

I think he can tell I zoned out aswell.

The guys are all standing behind me pretending to get ready for the shower or changing but are really just listening to what coach is shouting at me. Not that it's much of a struggle. The girls can probably hear him from outside.