|29| The House of Cards

Third-person POV:

A long chapter ahead, Enjoy!

All the thinking will be in Italic font.

The silence was heavy when Xavier Smith entered the long corridor of 'The Glory' hotel. His steps were clear, unlike his thoughts. And like most of the time his black jacket decorated his broad shoulders.

The Glory Hotel was built by the Alexandra family years ago, It is one of the most luxurious hotel in the country. The hotel had its own policies and rules, unlike any other hotel, No fresh customers are taken. Only the Elites of the World are allowed to enter this hotel And yet People are always eager to make their name on the list.

There were no expressions evident on this teenager's face. As if it would be a crime to let the emotions show.  Just like all the Royals, He had his secrets as well. And He needs to hide them. He went straight, toward room number 1805.

The whole floor was built for Aiden Alexander.

Just before entering the room, Xavier took the cigarette box out of his pocket, dumping the whole thing in the dustbin. And then he walked right into the room.

"You are late." He was welcomed by the obvious sentence, which was made by Yousef.

Yousef is known as the calmness of the group. But today, even his patience levels were at last.

"I know"

Yousef rolled his eyes at Xavier's remark.

Xavier looked around, As usual, All of them were here.

Yousef, Nolan, and Selena were on the bed. The massive bed was big enough for five to eight people.

While Aiden and Vanessa were on the couch.

The new arrived took a sit on the bed as well.  It's been a while since they all had gathered like this. And a while since He and Aiden had their fight.

The last time it was because of...

Xavier takes a long breath and looks toward Nolan. "How is Marley now?"

The question was enough to make all of them remember, Why they all were gathered here.

"She is better now," Nolan answered, His voice was tired as he closed his eyes. The past week had taken a toll on him. "And the nightmares have been stopped."

Xavier nodded. "That's good"

Everyone were silent. It's been six days Since the incident. All of them looked tired, Even Selena and Vanessa, Who always were ready to fight each other, were silent.

Nolan had forgotten his smile, and how can he smile? Every time he closed his eyes, the scene of Marley in the bathtub, struggling for each breath was all he could think of.

All of them had one or another thing in their mind. It was quite unusual and lethal when they all are silent.

It meant one thing, They all were serious this time. And how they could not be, this time, it was Marley. Who knows who will be the next target?

Aiden stood up and went toward the window, The sight that greeted him was heavenly. The trees and mountains both were barely seen with fog covering them, As if the clouds were kissing the mountain peak. And this site was the main reason why Aiden had selected this floor."Xavier?"

Xavier looks upon him, hearing his name, and surprised that it was Aiden who had called.

"What?"

Aiden went toward the fridge and then took an apple out, For some reason, his actions were lagging, as he closed the fridge. Making Xavier wait for his reply.