|32| The Intruder II

All the thinking will be in Italic font.

Unedited version: So there would be mistakes, feel free to point out!

"Do not pretend that you are some meek, pathetic little girl when I can see that vicious mind working behind your eyes."- Unknown source.

Third person POV:

Location: Fayth's dorm (storage room)

_______________________

Fayth was not an ignorant person, she figured that something was amiss since last week with Nolan Walker.

He was behaving as if trying to find some secrets out of her behavior. And now, when she asked him his purpose of visiting her, they both knew the real intention of this question.

He needs to tell the truth.

At last, he looked at Fayth- All the traces of humor were gone from his face and that was when Fayth knew, she was going to get her answers today.

"I-" Nolan started and stopped, without saying anything he left the storage room-

Fayth followed behind in confusion. "Where are you-" She stopped as he took a seat on Marleys' bed and signaled her to sit beside him.

Fayth obliged, "What is it?"

Nolan had thought a lot about how to ask Fayth this question. But as the moment is in front of him-

With a mind full of confusion, Nolan looked into her eyes. "It was you?"

There was a silence in the room- Fayth's breath became shallow as she thought about all the possible answers to this question. And for a moment she stopped breathing- does he know...does he know that I am not supposed to here.

"What do you mean?"

"The person who saved Marley that day was you?" Nolan clarified.

She looked upon Nolan who was waiting for her answer. There was a silence in
the room that neither of them wanted.

Fayth was not surprised, there were a lot of mistakes that she had done that day.

Her eyes widened as she reluctantly nodded- faking a shock. "How did you get to know that it was me?"

Nolan let out a long breath and fell back on the mattress. If Fayth had denied the fact then- He had no idea how he would have dealt with that situation?

Nolan sat up and crossed his legs. Smiling with all the teeth on display.

"That went more smoothly than expected."

Shaking his head he looked at Fayth who looked more worried at his moon swings. "Then tell me, Why were you there? Why did you hide that? and how did you find Marley?And you did not think about saying the whole thing to me?"

"Calm down, would you?" Fayth rubbed her temples but eventually started her side of the story.

"After the others told me to go back to my room- I was worried to death for Marley. Even if your friends had told me not to intervene, I could not help but look for Marley. Isn't it better for more people to look for the missing? With that in thought, I started to look in each of the
places that a missing person would be starting from Bathrooms then corridors, and eventually I went to the terrace."

Even though some of the things she told him were lies, but the shiver that went through her as she remembered the scene on the terrace was real.

She stopped for a moment to collect her thoughts and looked at Nolan, "I was not expecting something like that Nolan. I was just thinking that some jerk had taken her despite being drunk. But when I went to the terrace and found Marley in that condition..." She took a shaky breath, "At that time I understood that it was something more- I had no idea what to do."