|6| First Rain.

"Of all the things you choose in life, you don't get to choose what your nightmares are. You don't pick them; they pick you."
- John Irving

All the thinking will be in italic font.

Third-person POV:

"No! don't come near me," I screamed while running. There were so many corridors. One after another, and then another.

It was dark, so dark. I could not see anything but,
They were after me. I can feel their dark essence behind me. They will never leave me alone.

The unshed tears in my eyes were at the edge and my little legs at the edge of giving up.
But they didn't.

"Don't worry girl, we would never hurt you. You are our princess, Our little happiness." They hissed from behind me.

They were coming close to me.

"Don't come close," I screamed so loud that it hurt my throat.

There was a door and light was coming from there- just few more steps.
I was going toward the door. So close-

Before I could grab the handle, they grabbed my arm and pulled me toward them. They were laughing.
"You can't leave us, we won't let you leave us, you are our sunshine, no one will come for you, we are your everything"

Their teeth were showing. They are monsters. They grabbed me as I tried to fight them.

"You can't leave us"

"No, I would"

They were laughing.

"Stop laughing"

"No"

They were coming closer.

"No" their laugh.

"No"

"Nooooo"

Fayth woke up with a loud scream and frantically looked around. She was sweating and shaking.
She squatted toward the edge of the bed.

"It's just a dream.," Fayth told herself.

"Calm down. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9..." She starts to count numbers. A famous distraction after nightmare.

"You are safe, it's just a dream. They are not here."

"You are safe."

She placed her right hand on her heart. To listen her heartbeats, to make herself calm. To remind herself she is alive.

After a while, Fayth was able to calm down. She knows, how to calm down herself after a nightmare.

They were not a new thing for her.
But every time they come, they leave their mark on Fayth for weeks.

These days, the nightmare had become more frequent. And because of that her sleep schedule was ruined.

Fayth quietly opened the drawer beside her bed and took out the photo frame. There were three people in total. A couple with a child. Both of the people looked toward the child with big smiles.
And 10 years old fayth looked shy as she glanced toward them.

Her parents.

Fayth gripped the frame so hard that her knuckles turned white. Once again voices start to boom in her head. Her breathing turned heavy.
With one last look, she put the frame back into the drawer., And locked it. Locking away all the memories.