|31|The Intruder

Third-person POV:

All the thinking will be in Italic font.

______________________________

Fayth was not sure who would be in her room at this time-there were thousands of thoughts in her mind but after locking eyes with the intruder- she closed them immediately and for a moment-  did not open them.

As if the scene or rather the person would vanish if she pretends.

But that was not the case, so with clenched teeth, she opened her eyes.

And again locked ger gaze with the person, the cause of her distress- 

Nolan Walker

But that was the least of her worries, as she looked around him.

There was a container of flour on the ground and he was covered in the same.

Head to toe in white powder.

After a second, She understood the loud noise and scrunched her eyes at the wide eyed Nolan.

Calm down- Fayth repeated like a mantra.

"What are you doing here Nolan?" Her eyes went toward the clock, "And at this time? And what were you doing with- oh god!- this is too late for this mess!"

Nolan scratched the back of his neck. Today he had decided to talk it out with fayth- but when he entered the kitchen, suddenly a container was onto him.

He was the victim here! "I don't even know myself when this thing toppled over me-"

"Can you please help?-" He said and jerked his hands making a mess of flour around him.

"Stop."

Nolan stopped in mid-action at her command.

"Don't move an inch!"

Nolan quickly nodded his head- anything to calm the person in front of him.

Fayth groaned, Why can't she have a single peaceful day?

With that, they both started to clean the floor and him-

After a half hour of work, Nolan was able to move around with not spreading any more flour. Yet there were signs of white on him.

"What are you doing here Nolan?" Fayth asked again and waited for his answer as she finally put the mop back in the bucket.

Nolan stopped at her question, He knows that this question was coming and he was here to get some answers from her.

This last week, Nolan has been observing Fayth, and he got to know one thing very clearly- She was an honest and straightforward person. But then why- Nolan closed his eyes- remembering the incident that had made him question everything.

It was the day after the incident with Marley, when he was at the hospital. There were thousands of thoughts running in his head and there were no answers.

Why Marley? Was this because of him? But who?

He shakes his head and looks toward Marley who was sleeping peacefully. Things were going too fast for him to understand anything-

"excuse me-"

A sudden call made him look up, and come to his senses. "Yes."

The nurse looks at the child in front of her pitifully, "You okay, child?"

Nolan nodded his head, "How can I help you?" And that's when his gaze went toward her hand- there was a plastic bag.

The nurse gave the bag to Nolan, "These are the clothes of your sister-"

Nolan accepted the bag."Oh- okay. Thank you."

After checking up Marley's condition, the Nurse went out. Nolan did not look into the bag and was about to put it aside when his gaze went toward a specific coat in the bag.

With a sudden movement, he opened the bag and took out the clothing.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion- he definitely remembers that this coat is not Marley's and also knows the holder of these clothes- "Why is this here?"

Within a second all of his previous thoughts went into mud And a sudden wave of confusion hit him with nothing but more questions. With a shaky breath, he stood up with the clothing-

"It can't be..."

_________________________________

Hey Everyone!

A short chapter here-

What do you think Nolan has found?