Chapter fifteen

I went to check up on Quinn to find out she was sleeping. Not wanting to wake her I left the room as quick and quietly as I could.

Now step two: Kelly. She needs a home and family but I don't really know the girl... Who does?
... Quinn? I can't tell Quinn she will panic and freak she can't know anything. Who else?

Jessica! I will have to talk to her about the suitable candidates. But what if she tells Quinn? I will have to order her not to... If Quinn finds out I'm so dead.

*Jessica. My office now. No questions don't tell anyone. Please get here as soon as possible*
*yes alpha* I hear a soft almost fearful reply.

10 minutes later she was in my office. She was shaking and looking at the ground clearly scared. I got up and locked the door. We could talk freely as my office is soundproof and no one would dare interrupt an alpha meeting. One of the many perks of being an alpha.

"Jessica anything said in this room is not to be repeated to anyone else" I used my alpha tone on her. Meaning she must obey me.
"Yes alpha" she said still looking down and standing in the corner.
"Please sit down. And relax you are not in any trouble and I would like you to refer to me as Jace or Jason please. This is an informal meeting"
"Thank you Jason"
"This is a pressing matter however as the fate of a six year old girl is in our hands" confusing set in on her pale skin.
"Are you aware that Lillian Green was the sole family of Kelly Green"
"Yes of course Lillian is my best friend I often card for the little angel along with your mate"
"Well I'm sorry to inform you that earlier today Kelly and Lillian were playing in the woods. When they were attacked by some rouge wolves. Kelly escaped and came to me and we rushed only to find Lillian's lifeless body" Jessica was in tears at this point . I comforted her and noticed she was shivering so I made her a coffee (I have a coffee machine in my office) I tripped passing it to her and split it all down her top. I apologised and rushed to give her one of my shirts that I had in my office. She went in to my bathroom that is also joined to my office and changed. She was wearing shorts so my shirt covered her completely.
"Now back to business, Kelly requires a home and I need your help finding one"
"I will do it" she said almost immediately. I was taken aback at this.
"Jessica it is a lot of responsibility to take on"
"I know but I am ready I already care for Kelly like she was family and she is relaxed around me. I will do it" she said confidently and definitely.
"That's fantastic Jessica thank you, let's discuss the more finer details"

Quinn's POV

I woke up and realised I had been sleeping for a while and my wolf was edging to see her mate. I walked down to his office to find him leaving. I smiled until I noticed he was hugging Jessica with her wearing only his shirt.

My heart broke. My wolf shut off her connection and I ran to my room. I only have three friends. One of them being my mate. And now he is with one of the other ones. Leaving only Lillian. I can't tell her about this. She has too much to handle looking after Kelly. I could feel the tears building in my eyes and I slammed my door breaking it in the process.