Chapter eight

Chris's POV

Alicia was rushing around everywhere trying to set things up for Jace's mate. "Hunnybunny it's 10 in the morning why are you scrubbing the sink? She is coming to dinner not a full house inspection?"
" She is our sons mate! I want it to be spotless for her!"
"Calm down seriously she is going to be here a lot you want it to be realistic for her here not shiny clean and unused!"
"Fine I guess your right, what should I do for dinner?"
"What about steak and roasted vegetables, everyone loves that?"
" What if she is a vegetarian?"
"She is a werewolf, she is not a vegetarian"
"Ugh I hate you"
She is so cute like this I had to wrap my arms around her as I chuckled.
"You and I both know you love me"
"Unfortunately so" she giggled back.
I pushed my lips on to hers.

Jase's POV

I saw my parents kiss. Even after 35 years they still love each-other like they were newly mated. I hope Quinn and I end up like this. The way he looks at her is magical. It's like she is the only one in the room. In fact I have been standing here for the past 10 minutes. They have stopped kissing and were just looking in to each-others eyes.
I cleared my throat.
"Oh hi honey, how long have you been standing there?" Said my mum going red.
"Oh only like 10 minutes"
"So what's your mates name then?"
"Wait and find out"
"Do I know her?"
"Wait and find out"
"Is she pretty"
"Wait and find out"
"Are you going to answer any of my questions?"
"Nope"
"Well what time should I do dinner?"
"7:30 I'm hanging out with Quinn for a bit round here this afternoon anyway"
"Wait one second son" my father spoke up "Why are you only just coming through the door now?"
"I slept on my mates sofa"
"Hmmm I hope I won't be seeing her marked before we have met her"
"Why will that make a difference"
"Because she will go in to heat not long after she is marked and when you have fully mated you will officially be Alpha and her Luna. She needs to understand this"
"Father she already does and wait until you meet her I know you will she the perfect Luna in her"
"I believe you son"
"Thank you father. I am going to go to the mall with Quinn she wants a new outfit. I have no clue why I mean she has enough"
"Son you should not be spending this much time with another she-wolf you have a mate"
"Father how can you say such a thing Quinn is my best friend and we are all she has at the moment until she finds her mate I WILL protect her! My mate understands completely good bye!"

I stormed out quite pleased with my performance.