Chapter nineteen

My beautiful mate has spent all morning working her socks off along with my mother and Jessica (and obviously Kelly). Preparing a huge spread for the whole pack (around 300 wolves) I have never seen her work this hard. She was up at 6 am to shop for food. She checked all the files for allergies and dietary requirements. The pack is very lucky to have her as Luna, she will be the perfect mother to our pups.

Whilst she was preparing the food for the pack I contacted my top 10 warriors and full briefed them on the plan with the rouges issue. They will be on patrol during the picnic and are to contact me if any issues should arise. They fully understood and are perfectly ok with missing the picnic.

Now the picnic was underway. The sun was shining and you could hear the careless chatter of the older wolves and the laughter of the pups. I walked over to my mate and spoke to her.

"Quinn baby, I have two things to discuss with you."

"Ok Jace no problem"

"Firstly, Lillian's funeral"

"Jace can we please do that in two days on full moon. She loved the full moon"

"Of course princess I will let the pack know during the meeting in a little bit but I wanted to talk to you about the traditional run. You haven't shifted so you can't come..."

"Jace I am fully aware of this don't worry so much!"

"Ok princess and the other thing is can I introduce you as the official Luna today please!" A panicked look set in to her face. I have never seen her so scared. She looked straight at me then ran. I went to run after her when my mother stopped me.

"Let her have her space."

Quinn's POV

I can't do it. I mean, I can't be Luna. We haven't thought this through. I'm not good enough o do this. I can't handle my on issues never mind the whole packs. Being the alphas mate is one thing but the responsibility of a Luna, I can't do that. Tears started to pool in my eyes then run down my face and i start to shake. When suddenly a delicate hand touches my leg. I look up to see a slightly blurry little girl. I wipe away the tears and my eyes focus fully and I see an angle like little girl in a floating white dress with blond ringlets framing her pale face with a silver and blue tiara in her hair, she can't be any older than 6.

"Luna are you ok?" she asked in a gentle sing song voice.

"Why yes princess I am. Why are you so far away from the picnic? Where are your parents?" I ask in sudden concern. There are rouges about this little angel could get injured.

"I saw you upset and wanted to help you Luna I didn't want to see you crying. P..P...please dont tell me off" she started to cry.

"No honey I wasn't going to tell you off I just didn't want you injured, don't worry, now take me back to your mummy and daddy" at this she cried harder. "hey what's wrong princess, you can tell me anything. I promise"

"I don't have a mummy or a daddy. They went with to moon goddess to heaven a long time ago when i was very little"

"Oh sweetheart if didn't know. Who do you live with? Who looks after you?"

"I live with everyone." This confused me. I think she could tell because she looked at me and giggled.

"I have a room in the pack house to sleep then I spend all day in the nursery with the other little girls and boys. I don't have a mummy or a daddy"

"Princess should I find you a family"

"Would you Luna?!"

"Of course!"

"Luna are you still scared? Because my mummy gave me this tiara before she went away, she told me it will make me strong and not let me be scared. You can use it if you want." As she said this she placed the tiara on my head. My heart swelled at the gesture and my wolf howled with joy. I could feel a connection with this little angel but I couldn't place my finger on why.