XXIII

━━━━━━⊱༻ ༺⊰━━━━━━

━━━━━━⊱༻ ༺⊰━━━━━━

It was another three hours before we found the information we needed. I gathered the information into a document file and sent it to the team as Penelope got them on the phone.

"Got something, Garcia?" JJ answered.

"Yes, well no, Alex does-"

"I think I figured out who the unsub is."

"Hold on," I heard the click as she switched the phone to speaker, "Go ahead."

"The only link the victims had in common was the lover's lane, where they were killed, and that they all went to the same high school. I did some digging into the school faculty and staff- there was no single teacher they all had in common."

"So, nothing new?" Rossi's sarcastically remarked.

"I wasn't finished, old man. So, I thought, if it wasn't a teacher, then who else could possibly know the victims and their relationships? Then I remembered when I was high school- the janitors knew everything. They were like a fly on the wall; they heard all the rumors, they had access to students, and no one ever noticed them!"

"Okay, you and Garcia dig into the background on the high school janitorial staff-"

I cut Aaron off before he could finish, "We already did. Only two names stuck out: Owen Clark and Russell Hadlow. Both grew up in Texarkana, with less than stellar backgrounds. Clark's parents were abusive and abandoned him when he was 18. He's got two recent assault charges. Hadlow's parents had him young, and by all accounts, they had a happy life, but he's got a sealed juvenile record."

"How old were Hadlow's parents?"

"I'm glad you asked, Reid. His father was 20, mother 16." 

"Send us his information, Lex."

"Already on your tablets, my love." I rolled my eyes at the sound of someone fake gagging in the background, "Anything else we can hand you on a silver platter?"

"Must you be a smart-ass?"

"Yes." I deadpanned, "Bye team!" I clicked the end call button at the sound of everyone laughing.

"I think it's lunch time," I stood and looped my arm through Penelope's as she stood with me, "What do we want?"

"Thai?"