XIV

━━━━━━⊱༻ ༺⊰━━━━━━

━━━━━━⊱༻ ༺⊰━━━━━━

Aaron left for his unofficial meeting with Axelrod and called us within half an hour, giving us a name. Garcia sat at a desk, Rossi and JJ on either side of her. Reid and I stood in front of them.

"Peter Lewis. Born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. To call him a math genius would be an understatement."

"Where was he in the foster system?"

"He was- gahh!" She hollered in frustration, "This Wi-Fi hot spot is the worst! He was not in the foster care system. He had two very biological parents and they ran the foster home until it- oh dear..."

"Looks like we found Mr. Scratch."

"So, one of the boys in the house said Peter's dad would dress up as the devil and the other kids would follow suit. This has to be where all the victims stayed before they were adopted and their names were changed."

"Did Lewis' father serve any time?"

"Uh, the case was pending, and then he was killed in jail for being a pedophile. Peter's residency is still listed as Florida."

"Then he broke into the FBI files to find out who went into Witness Protection. Did any of the kids from the home go into WITSEC?"

"That would be a... No. No, none of them."

"Who the hell is he still hunting?"

"Garcia, who ran the investigation in Florida?"

"Uh, hold on. Doctor Susannah Regan, who was responsible for many of the investigations during the day. She was a member of the 'Believe the Children' movement, which encouraged cops to believe anything the kid said about the SRA, and if the kiddos didn't have anything to say, she'd tell the cops to twist their arms until they did. And then her book was published."

"And we came out with the Lanning Report and debunked her."

"Uh-huh. Her career flopped and she received numerous death threats and went into Witness Protection."

"She's such a high profile target Peter had to wait before he could kill her."

"If he's bold enough to hit Quantico, he knows it's a one-way ticket. This is a suicide mission if he locates her before we do."

"Which would be on a very nice estate in Columbia, Maryland."

"I'm closest. Send me the address."

"What- What?! No, Aaron, you can't go in alone!" I jumped up from my seat on a desk, moving closer to the phone.

"I don't have a choice, Grey. We can't let him get to her." He ended the phone call before I could argue further. Everyone stared at me, a mixture of shock and confusion written on their faces.