III

━━━━━━⊱༻ ༺⊰━━━━━━

━━━━━━⊱༻ ༺⊰━━━━━━

As we walked into the station, we got dirty looks from the handful of local cops around. Derek and I exchanged a look, shrugging. We entered the back room that Aaron and JJ were in. His eyes light up at the sight of me, holding back a smile, "what'd you find?"

"He's revisiting the bodies. That plus the clothes and plastic, we think he feels remorse for killing the boys." I explained, "hey, what's with the locals?" I nodded my head to the side, towards the cops on the other side of the glass wall.

"They're upset that we were brought in, they want to handle it themselves," JJ explained, sitting at the oval table situated in the middle of the room. Reid and Rossi walked in, giving us all a funny look before glancing at the audience outside. I stifled a laugh.

"What'd the M.E. say?"

"Nothing new. Cause of Death was blunt force trauma, no sexual assault. Although, both boys were relatively healthy. It was as if he'd been taking care of them, keeping them fed and cleaned. I don't get it, if he's taking care of them, why is he killing them?" Rossi asked, moving over to the board that was full of pictures and information on the case.

"Alright, it's late. There's nothing more we can do tonight. Let's go to the motel and start fresh in the morning," Aaron sighed, putting some papers into a file. Everyone else filed out of the room as I waited for him, a sly smirk playing on my lips, "can I help you, Agent Grey?"

"No, sir, just figured I'd walk out with you." I held my hands behind my back, smile widening at the look he gave me, Careful.

We walked out to the spare suburban, driving down to the motel a few miles away. By the time we had arrived, everyone was in their rooms. Rossi and Derek shared a room, while JJ and Reid had another. My guess was that no one wanted share a room with The Boss. I laughed at the thought, earning a curious glance from him. I shook my head.

He carried our bags into the room, throwing them onto one bed before rooting through his black duffel for a change of clothes. "Did you want to shower first?"

"Aaron, my love, I think you can drop the formalities." I giggled, standing behind him and circling my arms around his waist. He relaxed at my touch, lacing his fingers between mine, "but you can go ahead, I think I might run down the road for food. Do you want anything?"

"I'll have whatever you're having," he turned around and placed a kiss on my forehead, holding my head in his hands. Even with the few inches my shoes gave me, he still towered over me.

"Mmkay," I hummed, not wanting to leave the safety of his hold yet. He reluctantly released me, smiling softly.

"Go, but hurry back."

"Yessir," I grabbed my purse from the desk before slipping out of the room. The diner wasn't but a few blocks away and the weather was relatively nice, so I figured I'd walk.