XXXIV

November 2016

My sweetheart,

Hello again. I miss you, Aaron. So much that my heart aches.
It's been three months since you left, which means I'm two months along now. Eight weeks. This app I downloaded says our baby is the size of a raspberry. I was over at JJ and Will's a few days ago, and when Henry heard me say that, he said the baby is also the size of a lego person. It made me laugh, for the first time in a while.

Derek has been over a lot. So have the rest of the team. They helped me finish unpacking. We even started working on the nursery. The rest of the furniture was delivered, so Derek and Rossi put it together while the girls drank that bottle of wine we had saved for after the wedding...

We never got to talk about how we wanted to decorate the baby's room, whether it's a boy or girl. I was thinking purple if it's a girl, green if it's a boy. Penelope loved both ideas, of course. Alvez, just to annoy her, said I should do a gender neutral theme, like gray or tan. It'll be another two months before I find out the gender, so decorating can wait until then.

Anyway, in case you're wondering, I've been taking it easy. I've been lucky; I haven't had any morning sickness, my cravings have been minimal, and all the other pregnancy symptoms haven't been as bad as the books make them out to be. I'm still working cases, but I haven't been going out into the field as much. For the record, I hate it. I hate feeling like I'm being benched. But it's what's best for me and the baby. I don't know what I'd do if I lost it...

I still have hope that you'll be able to come home soon. That I'll walk downstairs and you'll walk through the door, Jack by your side. I wonder how he's doing, how you're doing? This can't be easy for you. I realize that, now that my anger has faded away.

Lex.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

November 2016

Aaron,

It happened. Scratch resurfaced. He took someone, used him to get close to the team. He's okay, but we're not. I'm not. We came so close, so close to catching him... But he got away. Again. I am so goddamn tired of his games.

Lex.