XXXIII

September 2016

To my sweetheart,

Hi Aaron. I'm not sure what to say. It feels weird writing you a letter when I haven't talked to you in two months. That's how long it's been since you left. Two months... So much has happened, and you don't even know about it. For starters, I'm pregnant. I found out the same day that David and Emily told the team the real reason you left.

I have so much to tell you, and I can't. I know I could probably pull some strings with the Marshals, get them to give you this letter, but I won't. I think some part of me is hoping I'll be able to throw them away and tell you everything in person soon. I know that won't happen, though.

I wish I could tell you I'm not angry, but I am. I'm furious that you lied to me, that you kept this from me. I'm furious that you let me believe everything was okay. I'm furious that I have a wedding dress hanging in our closet that I never got to wear, because our wedding date has already passed, and you weren't here. Most of all, I'm furious that you denied me the choice to be with you and Jack. I would've gone with you, no hesitation. Maybe that's why you didn't tell me. I don't know.

The team is working to catch Peter Lewis, but no one's talking about it. Not around me, at least. They worry. I don't blame them. JJ and Penelope know how high-risk my pregnancy is, so they're doing everything they can to prevent any stress for me. I wish I could just shake them both and tell them it's not helping, only making it worse. I feel isolated from them. Emily and David aren't any better, but they're at least trying.

I miss you. Please, come home soon...

Lex.