XL

July 2017

I'm going to kill them. No, I'm going to torture them, then I'll kill them.

Who the hell do they think they are?

The team got a lead on Scratch. Not just any lead, a direct line to him. He baited Derek with a text from Penelope, on a cloned phone with her number. Derek's smarter than that, though, and went straight to Emily.

And you know what they did? They went after him. They went after Peter Lewis. And they didn't tell me. They didn't tell me, Aaron! Who the hell do they think they are, leaving me out of the loop? They included Spencer- Spencer, who isn't sleeping, who is fighting his PTSD from prison, who is barley functioning! I love the kid, but why? Why me?

No, I know. It's because I'm pregnant. Because I have less than a month until my due date.

I shouldn't be angry at them, not with what they just went through. He almost killed them, Aaron. And I had no idea.

He drove a semi-truck into their SUVs, which were stuck in the middle of the road with blown tires. He drove right into them.

Luke got away mostly unscathed. JJ and David were hurt, but nothing life threatening. But Emily... Scratch took her. Tortured her with his sick, twisted mind games.

And Stephen Walker. Stephen, with a wife and two kids at home. Stephen, who worked night and day to find Scratch. He died before the paramedics even got to them.

And I didn't know. I was here, at home, without a clue that my friends- my FAMILY were in danger.

They all worked the case in a few hours. Luke and Matt Simmons found Emily. She'll be okay.

But he's dead. Scratch is dead. Peter Lewis is dead.

You can come home, Aaron. Please, please, come home...

Alex.