10 ; WHAT WE LIKE

freaking out
the wrecks

I FOUND A FLOWER,
IT'S IN MY SHOE,
AND IT IS MINE

❛ I FOUND A FLOWER,IT'S IN MY SHOE,AND IT IS MINE ❜

"y/n, by the way. you'll be singing atsumu's bridge, in me myself and i."

my face was confused, looking at osamu as he throws the strap of his guitar over his shoulder. we were due on stage in less than ten minutes, and the boy decides to drop this on me.

"i'll be doing what now?" suna walks up to osamu's side, patting me on the shoulder as he passes me. "when did we decide this?"

"just now." suna says, and i turn around to atsumu who is standing to the right of me. when i look at him, my face pleading, expecting him to also not agree with giving up his bridge, i am disappointed.

"i think the fans will like it."

"they're not just our fans, though, there's other bands playing, too." i say this in hopes that it would make the guys change their minds, but they all exchange a look and atsumu nods.

"it's our set, we do and play what we like."

"atsumu, you don't really want to give away your bridge, though, do you?" i raise my brows, desperately trying to get him to agree and stick to the same version of the song we were used to.

i wasn't sure why i was so fearful of singing on my own, in our songs. osamu was our lead singer, and the boys usually take a few lines in songs each, and i very occasionally sing backup.

never on my own.

"i don't." the blond shakes his head, and grabs his bass heading for the exit door. "but i won't be singing it, so either you do, or," he shrugs. "let our crowd down."

the three share a final look, and then begin to walk to the side of the stage. i take a deep breath, tightening the hold on my drumsticks, and tap my forehead with them. i knew that atsumu meant it when he said he wouldn't sing the bridge. and there was no way i was going to let the crowd down.

they knew exactly how to pull my strings, and i hated it.

with a sigh, i follow them to the side of the stage, and i revel in the cheers from the crowd as the lights on the stage turn blue and purple.

i elbow suna's arm, and point to them. "the same colour as your guitar."

he looks toward the stage and when he catches on to what i had said, his face falls and he sends me an unappreciative look.

"y/n, you're up."

osamu pushes me along to the stage, and i walk along the back wall, taking a seat at my drumset. we liked to switch up how we performed on stage, and today i would start drumming the beat to our opener before the rest of the boys join me.

the back half of the stage was dark, but some of the fans in the first few rows noticed me take my seat, and begin cheering.

i fiddle with the drumsticks in my hands, twisting and spinning them, warming up their grip in between my fingers.

and then with one final look to the boys, and a nod of osamu's head, my foot begins to tap the pedal on the ground, hitting a steady, continuous beat on the bass drum.

as soon as the sound starts, the crowd begins screaming and shouting, and i hear my name called a few times. the feeling of adrenaline never gets old, and the grin comes to my face without hesitation.

the lights come on brighter, now, illuminating the space around me. i sound the crash cymbal once, and keep on with the bass drum.

as atsumu walks onto the stage, waving his hand, he makes his way to his microphone in front and to the right of me. he begins strumming the bass, and as the foundation of the song begins to build, i crash the cymbal again.

now, suna walks onto the stage, walking to the very edge of it and playing a few chords of his part of the song. the first few rows of the crowd go wild, and then, instead of heading to where his microphone is set up, he walks to the bottom of the platform that my drums are on. he raises a leg onto the platform, resting his guitar on his thigh and continues to play the rhythm on his electric guitar.

he looks up at me, with a grin mirroring my own nodding along to the steady beat of my drums. then when i sound the cymbal one last time, osamu joins us, and suna walks with him to his microphone on the other side of the stage to atsumu.

after taking his place in the middle of the stage, osamu begins to play his part of the song, and the crowd has their arms in the air, jumping to the music.

we keep it going, letting the crowd get excited, and i scan the front of it like i always do, searching for any familiar faces. i notice lev, very obviously towering over a handful of the crowd. then i notice alisa, who is stood in front of him. i smile at her when our eyes meet, and she waves at me, excitedly.

the three boys in front of me share a look, and then all look behind to meet my eye. i nod at them, understanding their looks and begin to tap my foot on the pedal for the smaller cymbal in sync with the bass drum at the same time all three of them stop playing their guitars.

for three beats, the crowd goes quiet.

osamu leans into the microphone and begins singing our song, the same time atsumu begins the same strumming of the bass that he had when he got onto the stage.

"in the bathroom, on my back. there's a picture on the wall of kanye west."

now, suna joins in with his instrument, singing alongside osamu.

"he's staring at me. he's staring at me, i'm freaking out. i'm freaking out."

as i begin to drum on the smaller drums in front of me, atsumu joins in with the chorus, the combination of our instruments getting more intense.

"i'm on the lawn. it's almost three. i look around, i look at her, she looks at me."

as the chorus kicks in, i'm bouncing on my seat, feeling the beat in all of my limbs.

as we continue the song, i begin to hear the crowd singing along, and i didn't think it could happen but the smile on my face grew ten sizes.

it all felt so surreal.

a/n: this was getting long so i had to half it into two separate parts lol

the wrecks are so good omg i love them, and that line ab the flower is so random its my fav