70 ; YOUR PERSON

YOUR LOVE GOT
ME HIGHER THAN
A MOONROCK

❝ YOUR LOVE GOTME HIGHER THANA MOONROCK ❞

suna and i were heading home tomorrow. i didn't want to leave this little paradise but also, at the same time, i'm looking forward to being back with everyone else at home.

currently, the two of us were sprawled on the floor in our lodge. we'd piled about five blankets on top of each other, to lay on, and then another one on top of us. i listened to suna breathe softly, and his fingers are running up and down my scalp.

he was so gentle.

i close my eyes to relish in the moment, and take a deep breath. as i do this, suna presses his cheek against the top of my head, and the small action makes me smile.

the moment is short lived, though, and he places a kiss on my forehead and sits up. i was wearing one of his t-shirts and it was baggy enough for me to not worry about wearing anything else underneath. he stands from beside me, and walks to the corner of the room where he's kept this guitar the last three days.

at first, when he turned up to my house with his guitar over his shoulder, i was confused. surely, if you're going away you wouldn't want anything to remind you of work. but then i realised that we don't work, really. we just have fun with a group of friends and make music. we're just fortunate for it to be enough to make a living from.

suna picks up his guitar, and takes a seat on the floor in front of me. "the twins are going to be jealous when i tell them you put on a personal show."

suna laughs, and strums a few chords to make sure the instrument is in tune. "when they spend a romantic weekend away with me in a lodge then they'll get one."

he looks up at me and smiles. i do the same.

"i wrote you a song." he says, and my smile only grows. "you beat me to it but better late than never, right?"

"right." i tell him, with a little laugh.

"it's not perfect." he warns me, and i scoff.

"the fact that it exists, is already more than perfect."

he gives me a shy smile after this, and then looks down at the guitar in his lap. after clearing his throat, he begins to play.

"my baby's sweet as can be,
she gives me toothaches just from kissing me.
when my time comes around,
lay gently in the cold dark earth.

when i was kissing on my baby,
and she put her love down soft and sweet.
in the low lamp light, i was free
heaven and hell were words to me."

as if it wasn't enough already that suna was singing to me, a song that he wrote for me, he looks up as he gets to what i assume is the chorus. he looks me straight in the eye as he sings.

"when my time comes around,
lay me gently in the cold dark ground.
no grave can hold my body down,
i'll crawl home to her."

he strums the last chord, and the sound echoes to a silence around us. as he looks down, i can barely see his face because of his hair, but he reads my mind and looks back up at me.

"i want you to be my person." my heart inflates at his words, and i'm reaching for him before i've even finished my sentence.

"and i want you to be mine."

im revived

im revived. barely.

customer made me cry at work today ✌🏻😗 u know when its been a looooong ass day, and ur tired, and ur overwhelmed and ur due on and it's just that tiny little push that sends u over the edge? that.