30 ; PRINCESS

BUT DARLING, THE
FUTURE IS BETTER
THAN YESTERDAY

❛ BUT DARLING, THEFUTURE IS BETTERTHAN YESTERDAY ❜

"alright, alright, i think it might be bedtime."

i make the announcement purely so that i can save something delicate from being broken. that, and to make sure atsumu's skull stays intact by tomorrow morning.

currently, the blond twin is sitting on kuroo's shoulders, who is holding inuoka in his arms bridal style.

for the first five seconds, sure, it was impressive. but then i realised how close atsumu's head is to my chandelier.

my metal chandelier. with sharp edges.

"nah, don't kill the party, grandma!"

yeah, he definitely needs to go to bed. "atsumu it is three am! bed. time."

"huh?" he cups his palm around his ear and aims it toward me. "i can't hear your short ass from up here."

kuroo is laughing so hard, he loses his grip on atsumu's knees and he falls to the ground. inuoka has been dropped onto the floor in a strange angle, but st least he was down. still though, i panic, and reach for the deformed triangle of boys, and i catch osamu and suna standing from their seats, too.

atsumu recoils and hugs kuroo's head, and i think this is it. something is getting broken and it's most definitely going to be kuroo's neck.

"get your ass down, now!" i'm getting frustrated now, and all and any alcohol has left my system. i am completely sober and i am completely pissed off.

"shit, bro get down." kuroo taps atsumu's leg and he complies after one last sigh.

the blond looks at me and obviously i do not look pleased. i think i see his face visibly pale.

"i'm sorry."

i hit his arm, and he steps back, with his mouth agape. "you could've literally died, dumb ass."

"you care about me." he steps forward and wraps his arms around me, forcing me into a hug. "you're so cute."

i sigh, and stay where i am. after a few deep breaths, my heart resumes its normal rate and i return the hug. "you're such an idiot."

"holy shit. suna was right." atsumu says, and i look at the boy in question to my left. "this does work every time."

i roll my eyes, realising what he was doing and step away. "it won't always." i turn around, grabbing my phone and pointing a finger at suna. "ass."

"i have a good one, i know." he winks at me, and instead of retaliating, i walk away.

suna follows me down the hallway into my guest room, where i keep all of the blankets and pillows the boys have slowly bought for themselves.