Ending

Naruto let out a long sigh. It was nearly seven thirty and he just finished talking to a group of college students heading to the game. He made his way out of the school and started walking down the block to the meeting place Sai and him decided on.

As he turned the corner, the kids he just talked to were still leaning against Sai's car. Naruto rolled his eyes and kept his distance. In the distance, he could hear the beginning of the homecoming starting.

The kids finally left after hearing some cheering coming from the school's field and they quickly left. Naruto began to make his way to the car. Sai was smiling brightly at him as he got in. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah." Naruto muttered. He really wanted to just go home but he was still excited to see what Sasuke's surprise was. Hopefully he could get his mood in check before they reached Akatsuki. "Let's get going."

The drive to Akatsuki was silent and though Naruto didn't feel cheery, he was a lot more relaxed. They pulled up in front of the building and Naruto got out, saying his goodbye to Sai. He waited until Sai was gone before making his way inside.

No one was there to greet him at the front and he let out a shrug before making his way to the hallway that led to the artists' galleries and studios. He headed towards Sasuke's gallery and paused, it sounded like there were people inside. He scrunched up his nose in confusion. He didn't think anyone else would be there. He thought about it before giving a shrug and walking in.

The sight in front of him made him pause as he let the door close behind him, eyes wide and mouth slightly agape.

There in front of him was Sasuke and Gaara, the red-head practically draped over the raven. Though it didn't look like Sasuke was particularly enjoying what was going on, he wasn't pushing Gaara off either. The red-head had his lips dangerously close to Sasuke's.

A choked sob escaped his lips and before either Gaara or Sasuke could see him cry, he ran out of Sasuke's gallery and straight into Sasuke's studio. He slammed the door shut and let his tears flow freely, making his way to a stool placed further into the room.

He wiped at his eyes with the heel of his hand. Out of all the emotions he felt, sadness was the one that was overwhelming. He wished it was anger, how he wished he could just punch Gaara in the face and feel better, but the only thing his body, mind and whole self, was cry.

He heard the door to Sasuke's studio open and he silenced himself, keeping his head down so whoever was there wouldn't see him cry.

The sound of a chair scraping against the floor almost caused him to look up, but he kept his eyes downcast. He saw Sasuke's shoes and soon a pale hand was gently lifting his head to stare into onyx eyes.

'I promise, it wasn't what it looked like.' The raven signed, a sincere look on his face.

Naruto let out a chocked laugh, wiping at his eye with the heel of his hand. "You know, I made a wish at Konan's gallery. It was for the two of us to fall in love."

Onyx eyes widened at the blonde's confession.

Naruto shook his head, staring down at the floor. "And it just hurts, knowing it's not gonna come true!" He broke out into sobs once again.

Sasuke watched as a slow smirk began to form on his face.

Naruto glanced over at the raven only to glare through his tears. "Are you seriously fucking laughing at me right now?!"

Sasuke shook his head, leaving Naruto confused. He reached behind the blonde and Naruto heard the sound of cloth falling. The raven nodded towards whatever he reached for and Naruto turned his head slowly.

Cerulean eyes widened in surprise as he took in the artwork that was displayed in front of him. There on his easel was a painting of him smiling, the background filled with sunflowers and a bright blue sky. His eyes roved over the canvas, admiring every deal. "Sasuke," he practically whispered. "This is beautiful."

He kept his eyes on the picture, letting out a content sigh.

"Naruto." A deep and raspy voice called out his name. Once again, Naruto's eyes widened as he turned to look back at Sasuke.

"I love you." Sasuke's lips moved at the same time the words were said. Naruto stared in disbelief at the raven, as he smiled lovingly at the blonde.

"No way," Naruto began to smile brightly before he leapt off the stool, encircling his arms around Sasuke's neck. "I love you too!"

Sasuke kissed the blonde deeply, holding him tightly. He pulled away, and gave him a smile. 'I can't say much, but I'm going to continue therapy to get better.'

Naruto smiled back at him and then wrapped his arms around the raven's waist. "Thank you so much, Sasuke." He rested his head against his chest as pale arms wrapped around his shoulders.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Though this is the ending, there will be an epilogue to wrap everything up. So one more update!