Chapter 28

A month has passed and Sasuke and Naruto have been going on regular dates, Sasuke getting better and better at having conversations with the blonde.

Along with the two dating over the past month, Naruto kept continuing working for Gaara. As soon as Sasuke and Itachi would leave for Sasuke's speech therapy, Naruto would reluctantly wait for Sai to pick him up.

One particular night, Sasuke confronted Naruto about what he did while he was gone.

The two were sitting in the living room, Naruto leaning against Sasuke on the couch as they were watching a movie. Itachi was sitting in one of the living chairs, his laptop open on his lap.

"Hey." Sasuke looked over at the blonde. "What do you do while I'm gone?"

Naruto stiffened at the question and the raven raised a question brow. Naruto forced himself to relax. "Uh, not much really. Play some games on my phone, watch some funny videos, you know, boring stuff."

Sasuke narrowed his eyes in suspicion at Naruto's vague answer. It was unlike Naruto to not go on a rant about the things he did throughout the day. Just the other day he spent ten minutes describing his trip to the grocery store. He glanced over at his brother who also had a look of suspicion. "Oh really?"

"Yep."

"Hn."

"I'm also curious as to what you do." Itachi set aside his laptop, giving his full attention to the blonde.

Naruto nervously glanced at Itachi. "Th-that's it."

"Normally you can't stop talking about your day," the older raven said with a smirk. "Now you're pretty silent."

"That's what I was thinking." Sasuke pointed out.

"There's just not much to say." Naruto mumbled.

"You're not hiding anything, are you?" Itachi inquired.

Naruto stiffened and the reaction didn't go unnoticed by the younger raven who began to glare at the quiet blonde.

"You're seeing Sai aren't you." Sasuke hissed out.

Naruto stayed silent and Sasuke growled audibly while Itachi watched with wide eyes.

"You're cheating on me?"

"No!" Naruto quickly looked to Sasuke, desperation in his eyes. "It's nothing like that, I swear!"

"Then what is it Naruto? You not saying anything, I can only make my own assumptions."

Naruto glanced between the two brothers before letting out a defeated sigh. He sat straightened himself up, and stared at his lap, unable to look either Uchiha in the eyes. He began to admit the things he's been doing for Gaara and how if he refused, the red-head would threaten the destruction of his relationship with Sasuke.

Sasuke glanced at his older brother as Naruto held his head in defeat. "You know, you can trust me enough to not betray you, right?"

Naruto was silent before he shook his head. "It's not that I don't trust you. I just don't trust him. I'm just worried of the things he could possibly do to you." He looked up at the raven, eyes teary from unshed tears but had a small smile.

The look made Sasuke's heart skip a beat. "Naruto," he breathed out slowly.

Naruto quickly stood up, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand. "If you guys don't mind, I'm going to go to bed early."

"Of course." Itachi gave the blonde a smile and watched as Naruto left the room and headed for the stairs. He waited until the blonde was completely out of sight before grabbing his laptop and placing it on his lap.