Chapter 8

“Alright guys, let's help set up the easels and get started, yeah?” Kakashi clapped his hands, trying to get the attention of the room who had their eyes focused on Sai and Naruto.

    “Wait a minute!” Ino put her hand up towards Kakashi. “I need to know more about this!”

    “There's nothing more to tell.” Naruto glared at her.  “He's my ex and that's it.” He stepped aside and walked towards Kakashi.  He grabbed an easel and walked towards the back of the room where he began to set up.

    Sasuke was the first to get over his shock and soon followed after the blonde and set up his own easel relatively close.

    The rest of the group gave each other weary looks before setting up their own easels throughout the room.

    “So everyone, today the theme of your painting is going to be emotion.” Sai clapped his hands together and looked around the room. “You can pick any emotion you want. The goal of this painting is for us to see it and guess which emotion you're trying to express. Now, go ahead and get started.”

    “What emotion are you doing?” Naruto asked Sasuke dully.

    Sasuke gave him a shrug.  ‘I don't know,  apathy?’

    Naruto snorted. “Of course.” He dipped his brush into the purple paint.

    With a roll of his eyes, Sasuke dipped his own brush into the black paint. ‘What about you? Something stupid like joy?’

    “Shut up, asshole.” Naruto glared at him before turning to his canvas and giving it a sad smile. “I was maybe thinking nostalgia.”

    Sasuke’s eyes widened slightly. ‘I didn't even know you knew that word, let alone what it means.’

    Naruto sucked his teeth but otherwise ignored the raven. Sasuke gave him a smirk before turning back to his own painting.

    “Naruto.” Naruto looked up from his painting to see Sai standing next to him, a smile on his face.

    “What Sai?” He let out a sigh before turning back to his painting.

    “Just wanted to know what you're working on.” He bent down and gave a quick glance over Naruto’s shoulder. “Also I wanted to know how you've been.”

    “I'm working on a painting. And I've been just fine, thank you very much.” He gave him a big, fake smile.

     Sasuke tapped Naruto on the shoulder opposite from where Sai was standing. ‘Tell him to fuck off and leave you alone.’

     Naruto rolled his eyes but otherwise ignored Sasuke. He turned back to Sai who was staring at Sasuke intently. “What do you want, Sai?”

    Sai slowly turned his gaze to Naruto and gave him a smile. “Is he your new boyfriend?”

    ‘Tell him yes. He'll leave us alone.’ Sasuke quickly interrupted before Naruto could speak.

     Naruto glared at Sasuke. “Shut up.” He practically hissed. He turned to Sai.  “No. He's not.”

     “So who is he to you?” Sai’s smile seemed to grow wider.

     ‘It's not too late to go back on the boyfriend idea.’

     Naruto let out a growl as he turned to Sasuke. “Knock it off and butt out.” He once again turned to Sai.  “Not like its any of your business,” he replied through clenched teeth. “But I'm his caretaker. Now,  what. Do. You. Want?”