Chapter 2

Sunday night, Naruto arrived at the Uchiha's house around seven, a large suitcase in hand. He rang the doorbell and waited for either of the Uchiha brothers to answer the door.

He wasn't surprised to see Itachi at the doorway, a smile on his face. "Hey, Naruto. Dinner's almost ready, you can set up in room next to Sasuke's." He opened the door wider to allow him through. "You remember where that is, right?"

Naruto sheepishly rubbed the back of his head. "I think so." He headed towards the stairs as Itachi headed back into the kitchen. He stopped on the second floor and made a right, vaguely remembering the tour of the house from the other day. He stopped in front of the last door in the hallway and opened the door. "Aha!" He exclaimed as he remembered the room as the guest room.

He set his suitcase on the bed and unpacked the little clothes he had into the dresser against the wall. After finishing, he zipped the now empty suitcase and placed it in the closet. He took a look around the bedroom. It was pretty empty besides the bed and dresser that had a mirror hanging above it. He figured the longer he stayed, the more he could make it feel like his own.

He took a glance at the door next to his closet, which he learned was a shared bathroom with Sasuke. He walked over and opened the door, deciding on taking a shower.

As soon as the door was open, he gaped. There standing in front of the mirror was Sasuke, shirtless with only a towel wrapped around his waist. The room was filled with steam from his shower.

Sasuke did nothing but stare as Naruto stood in the doorway. After a minute of silence, Sasuke raised an eyebrow in question.

"Oh, uh sorry!" Naruto stammered, avoiding his gaze. "I didn't realize you were in here. I should've knocked first. Not that you could respond anyways, as you're mute and all. But I, uh, I guess you could've knocked back on the door or whatever-" He was interrupted by Sasuke slamming the door, going into his own bedroom. There was a click, indicating that he locked the door.

Naruto let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding. He turned the shower on and got undressed. As he stepped in the shower, he couldn't get the sight of Sasuke's half naked body out of his mind. He groaned as he felt himself get hard. "Guess it's gonna be a cold shower."

After his shower, Naruto got dressed and headed downstairs and into the kitchen. Itachi was hovering over his tablet, studying it carefully.

Naruto hopped onto one of the barstools and leaned forward on the island's counter. "Whatcha doin?"

Itachi briefly looked up at Naruto before giving his attention back to the tablet. "I'm just looking at the different types of salads. Not sure whether to go with just a classic caesar or walnut and cranberry salad."

Naruto raised his head, interested. "What's for dinner?"

"Lemon pepper chicken."

Naruto hummed in thought. "What about a greek salad? It's a little bold, but I think it would go great with it."

Itachi once again looked up from his tablet and gave Naruto a blank stare. "That's actually, a really good idea." He broke out into a smile. "Do you cook as well?" He went over to the fridge and pulled out the ingredients.

Naruto shook his head. "Not really. I can barely boil water. But I love food and watch those cooking shows all the time. So I learned a thing or too."

"You'll have to help me out in the kitchen more often then. Sasuke just comes in here to grab a plate and then disappear."

The two of them turned to look as Sasuke sat down on a barstool next to Naruto.

"Speak of the devil, and he shall appear before your eyes." Itachi gave Naruto a wink.