Chapter 12

Sasuke opened the door to a room that was dimly lit. Naruto tentatively followed after him. He gazed at the artwork that was displayed and let out a breath that he didn’t realize he was holding.

“This isn’t so bad. They’re just portraits.” Naruto noted that the paintings displayed were of Itachi and what he could only assume were the other members of Akatsuki based on the paintings of the two faces he met earlier and Sasuke. “What’s so bad about it?”

Sasuke turned the light’s brightness and Naruto’s eyes narrowed in concentration. ‘Do you see it?’

Naruto shook his head.

‘Follow me.’ Sasuke walked over to the door that led to Itachi’s studio. The door was locked and Sasuke typed in a code on the door panel and was granted access.

Naruto stepped into the dark room after Sasuke and instantly covered his nose. “What the hell is that smell?!”

There was no answer and soon the room was flooded in light.

It was pretty much empty but the table was stained a dark red, as well as a corner of the room where an easel sat.

Naruto’s eyes widened at the realization. “Is, was all that, blood?”

Sasuke nodded and carefully watched Naruto.

Naruto walked further into the room and looked around, carefully examining everything. “How did he do it?”

‘Depended on the person.’ Sasuke said with a shrug. ‘Most people wanted it to be made with their own blood but he kept a jar of it and froze it in case someone didn’t want to be cut.’

“Damn. That’s hardcore.” Naruto remarked.

‘Yeah. Most of the time, people had to come in sessions so they wouldn’t get too dizzy from the blood loss.’

“So he just cut them, just like that?” Naruto asked, still curious about the process.

Sasuke tapped his chin in thought. ‘It’s kind of like how you get your blood drawn. He sticks a needle in you and attaches a vial to the tube. And like I said, all extra he froze in a jar and thawed for those who didn’t want to.’

Naruto raised an eyebrow at him. “So you let him do that to you?”

Sasuke shrugged. ‘Why not? I trusted my brother enough not to kill me.’

Naruto shook his head. “He’s a good artist but damn is he hardcore.” He gave a look to Sasuke. “What do you think he’d say if I brought it up?”

‘Just be mad that I showed you a side of him that he wants hidden.’ Sasuke walked back towards the door, pushing it open. ‘Ready for Konan’s?’

Naruto quickly followed after him. “Who’s Konan?”

Sasuke smirked as he turned down the light to Itachi’s gallery. ‘Itachi’s ex.’

“No fucking way!” Naruto grinned back at him. “I can’t wait to see the type of girls Itachi dates.”

Sasuke led them a little further down the hall and walked into the room, holding the door open for Naruto.

The sound of fluttering filled the room and Naruto stood in awe as a swirling mass of colored paper butterflies flew in the middle of the room. He went to the circular metal railing and watched closely.

“This is beautiful.” Naruto commented as Sasuke leaned against the railing next to him.

‘She’s excellent at moving origami. The butterflies are a permanent part of her gallery but she switches everything else out.’ Sasuke slowly pointed to a large origami person that was slowly swaying.