Chapter 6

Naruto spent the rest of the afternoon practically avoiding Sasuke. Every hour he'd come down from his room and double check that Sasuke was okay. Once that was done, he'd quickly go back into his room and think about what happened.
          He sat down on his bed, sheets and blanket messily splayed on top. He sighed loudly before throwing himself down, looking up to the ceiling.
          A knock came from his door and he looked up in confusion. “Come in?”
         Sasuke walked through the door and stood in front of the blonde. ‘You've been ignoring me.’
        Naruto laughed nervously. “Ignoring you? I don't know what you're talking about!”
        Sasuke gave him a pointed look.  ‘Normally you're bugging me all day. Is it because I kissed you?’
        “Pfft!” Naruto waved his hand and laughed loudly, causing Sasuke to flinch at the noise. “Bastard. I'm not afraid of no kiss! Or you. After yesterday, I just thought you'd need some space is all.” He rubbed the back of his head before letting out a sigh. “What was that kiss anyways?”
        Sasuke walked over and sat on the bed, pushing himself up against the wall. Naruto followed his actions, sitting next to him. ‘I just wanted to kiss you. I've only ever kissed girls before and I figured if Sakura said was true, you wouldn't have minded.’
        Naruto glared at him. “Did you ever think that if what Sakura said was true, then I would mind?”
        Sasuke shook his head and raised an eyebrow in confusion.
        Naruto rolled his eyes. “If I liked you and you kiss me, it would fuel my feelings, make sense?” A nod. “Okay, so if you're saying that kiss means nothing to you and you just wanted to try it because you've never done it before, you’re pretty much saying you're using me. And that hurts. See what I'm saying?”
         ‘So you do like me?’
         Naruto gave him a blank stare before letting out a frustrated breath. “Are you even listening to what I'm saying?”
         Sasuke gave him a small shrug. ‘I hurt you by kissing you since you like me.’
         Naruto glared at him. “Yeah. So now do you understand why I've been avoiding you? Cause you're an asshole.”
         Sasuke stared at Naruto, staying still. Naruto fidgeted under his gaze.
       “What are you looking at, asshole?” Naruto stuck out his tongue at the raven who in turn raised an eyebrow.
        ‘You. Just thinking about what else we can do together.’
       Naruto bristled before turning a dark red. “What the fuck are you talking about?! You're not even gay nor do you like me!”
       ‘I never said that.’
       Naruto stood still, shocked from what he just saw. He visibly relaxed and sent Sasuke a curious gaze. “Oh so you like me?”
        Sasuke gave him a smirk. ‘I never said that either.’
        Naruto growled and pulled at his hair in frustration. He glared back at the raven. “You're getting on my nerves, Uchiha. Just say what you mean!”
       ‘I just want you to know,’ Sasuke climbed off the bed and stood in front it, his back facing Naruto. He stretched before turning around with a bored look on his face. ‘I wouldn't mind doing more than just kissing with you.’ He left the room, leaving the blonde to sigh defeatedly.

        Naruto was just finishing dinner when Itachi walked into the kitchen from the garage entrance. “Oh hey, Itachi. I just finished dinner so it'll be ready in a few minutes.”
       “Oh?” Itachi looked at the pots on the stove and raised an eyebrow. “I thought you couldn't cook?”
       “Yeah, I was telling the bastard a story about how I use to eat goulash and he said he never had it before.” Naruto let out a laugh. “Can you believe that?”
        Itachi stared at him until his laughter turned into nervous coughing. “I've never had it either.”
        Naruto gaped at him. “What?!”
        “I just used my mom's cookbook to learn how to cook, but we mostly ate take-out anyways.”
        Naruto shook his head. “Well, good thing I'm here to teach you guys the good stuff.”
       “Speaking of which,” Itachi casually leaned his hip against the counter and crossed his arms over his chest. “How was your day with Sasuke?”
       Many emotions flickered on Naruto's face as he recalled the day. He settled on keeping his face as blank as possible. “It was okay.”
      Itachi raised an eyebrow. “Just okay?”
      Naruto scowled. “Yeah.”
      Itachi wanted to press on further but Sasuke chose to walk in, hopping onto a seat at the island.
      Naruto gave him a glare and placed his hands on his hips. “No. Go set the table.”
     Sasuke stared at him and Itachi stared wide-eyed at Naruto. The room was silent until Sasuke sighed in annoyance and rolled his eyes, getting off the chair.
      “That’s what I thought.” Naruto continued to glare at him until Sasuke left to set the table. “Stupid lazy bastard.”
       Itachi chuckled. “Well, I can see now it was a good choice in hiring you.” He gently tapped the counter. “I'm going to go change and then I'll be right down.” He left the room.
       Once everyone was seated at the table, the three of them began to eat.
       “So Sasuke, how was everything today?” Itachi asked curious as to the reason for Naruto's reaction earlier.
        Sasuke shrugged. ‘Fine.’
        “Anything special happen?”
        ‘Sakura came over.’
        Naruto coughed, lightly hitting his chest. Itachi looked at him, an eyebrow raised. He then turned to face Sasuke. “Who's Sakura?”
       ‘The pink-headed girl.’
        Itachi shivered. “Why?”
        Sasuke shrugged. ‘Ask Naruto.’
        “Itachi, how's the food? You like it?” Naruto tried to change the subject.
         Itachi nodded. “This is actually pretty good.” He took a bite. “So what did Sakura want?”
         Naruto looked away before nervously laughing. “Nothing really. We left early yesterday, she probably just wanted to catch up with us more.”
        “Hm, is that so?” Itachi asked in a bored tone.
        ‘Not really.’ Sasuke grunted as Naruto kicked him from underneath the table.
        Itachi gave Sasuke a smirk. “Go on Sasuke, I'm curious to know why she was there.”
       ‘I don't know why she was there. But I'm pretty sure she's jealous of Naruto.’ Sasuke winked at Naruto and he glared back. ‘But I mean I did kiss him, so there is reasoning behind it.’
       Naruto let out a short scream before throwing his head onto the table. The two brothers looked at him, mildly concerned.
       Itachi coughed once when Naruto made no indication that he was going to move. He turned to face Sasuke. “You kissed Naruto?”
       Sasuke nodded his head. ‘Yeah. Just wanted to see what it was like.’
       “And how was it?”
       Naruto sat up suddenly and the two brothers once again looked at him, both in surprise. Naruto stood up, pushing the chair back causing it to tip. He quickly caught it before stepping behind it. “Well, dinner was great thank you. I mean I made it but, yeah, okay. So um, I'm going to excuse myself and yeah. Bye!” He quickly left the room.
      ‘He lectured me about feelings afterwards.’ Sasuke rolled his eyes.
       Itachi shrugged. “He should. You can't always get away with everything.”
       Sasuke scowled at his plate.
       “Though I do have to say, ever since he got here, you've been more lively.” Itachi stood up and patted Sasuke's arm. “Thanks for taking care of the dishes.” He smiled down at his little brother. Sasuke gave him the finger and he laughed as he walked out of the room.