7

Secret Love Song

Ciarra

I walked arm in arm with my brother towards the hall after answering a few questions of the media. Unlike yesterday, I'm now wearing a navy blue off-shoulder maxi dress with a slit on the left leg. My mid waist hair is curled and let out in loose waves.

My brother is wearing a similar look with Ali yesterday, however, instead of the black undershirt, he's wearing a navy blue one, which matched my outfit completely.

Noticing my uneasiness when we entered the display hall, he eyed me suspiciously, "Are you okay? You look pale."

I shook my head at him and pretended that I was busy admiring the works of the children. I really can't tell him that I'm nervous meeting Ali here again. He doesn't even know that I had something with a man five years ago. I felt him look at me for a few more seconds before greeting a few people who approached us.

I distracted my mind by thinking of my agenda on Tuesday. I was having a slight dilemma with the schedule as I have to submit a report by that day. After a while of thinking things through, I just decided that I would work on the report tomorrow before the auction, then submit the documents early morning on Tuesday before heading to the orphanage after lunch.

I was already lost in thought when I heard my brother laughed and made a handshake with someone, before I was tackled to the ground by a wild animal.

Shit. Not again.

Alizarin

My eyes wandered around the hall, looking for a particular brunette. Keith was busy admiring the second batch of artworks from the children, while her hands are holding my arm for support. Her husband has to go home today since his father demanded for his presence. She was supposed to go with him, but she refused telling him that she had plans with Ciarra tonight. Which left me no choice but to attend the event as her chaperone.

Speaking of, my eyes then flew towards a particular woman wearing a navy blue off shoulder gown with a slit on the left leg. Her long creamy legs expose every time she took a step. My chest immediately ached at the sight. Not because I saw her again after what happened last night, but because she was with a man this time.

The man's back was facing us that's why I couldn't take a look at his face. My forehead then creased when I noticed Teia looking so down.

I see you've already moved on from me.

Keith suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the couple not far away from us. She practically tackled Ciarra on the back. Both ladies were about to fall if it weren't for the man she was with holding them, laughing at the same time when Keith then hugged him also.

I followed Keith and a shocked gasp escaped my lips when I saw the man. "Lyubov?"

Hearing his name, he whipped his head to me. He then laughed like a maniac and approached me, "Ali, my man! It's been so long, bro!" We shook hands and hugged for a while, laughing.

I can't help the pang of jealousy that crossed my heart knowing that Teia now belongs to the man I considered my dear friend.

I secretly glanced at Teia who was dragged by Keith towards the tables, while Lyubov and I followed the girls as we talked and updated each other about our life now.

The both of us were friends since high school. We even studied pre-law together, however I stopped and proceeded to a business course when my dad said I would inherit the business. We were always in touch with each other, however a few years ago we lost contact. I haven't got the chance to talk to him or meet him until now.