20

They Don't Know About Us

Alizarin

-5 years ago-

"Come on, get over here!" my eyes watched with fascination as the woman I met a few days ago stare at me with wide eyes, hesitation and fear crept in those beautiful hazel eyes.

We decided to have a swim by the beach, but some person over here feared the ocean more than anything. She just stood at where the water was at her waist, completely frozen and staring at the water that surrounded her.

I made my way to where she was and held her arms. She immediately had a deadly grip on mine, fearing that if I let go, she'll go under the warm waters.

"Relax. Ease up." She shook her head at my words. She then glanced at me with wide fearful eyes.

"I won't let you go." I seriously met her gaze. After a while of looking at my eyes, she nodded her head, her hair getting loose from the messy bun that she did earlier.

Trying to ease her tense self, I wrapped an arm around her waist and slowly pulled her to where the waters were just below her chest. I don't want to scare her further so, I'll just settle for this.

When I slowly released my hold on her waist, she instantly gripped the waistband of the swimming trunks that I'm wearing, causing me to cough at the sudden contact of her hand to my skin. Another part of me reacting at the sudden feeling.

We stayed like that for a few minutes, just feeling the water as it flowed around us. A few people even passed us as they swam together. I glanced at her face, noticing that she was calmer than a while ago.

"You're not kidding when you said you can't swim in the ocean." Distracted by my words, she clung to me as I guide us to swim towards the shore.

"My legs instantly froze when I'm in open water. It's not the same when you're in the pool." With shaky breaths, she gripped my hand tighter as she slowly paddled her legs.

After our short swim in the ocean, we rested and bathe before settling on the white sand as we watched the sun setting over the horizon.

Settling behind her as we sat on the white sand, she leaned on me while eating at her sandwich. She was halfway through her sandwich when I raised my phone at us and took a shot.

"What the heck?! You could've said something before taking a picture! Let me see."

I looked at the picture and she peered at it, while still munching on her food. She was biting at her sandwich while I kissed her cheeks at the same time we looked at the camera when I raised it in front of us.

She frowned, took my phone and edited the photo. I watched her as she adjusted the brightness and contrast of the photos as well as some things that she kept on clicking. A few minutes passed, she handed me back the phone, "The photo was cute, so I just tweaked it a little bit."

I set it as my lock screen wallpaper before placing it on her lap. She scooted closer to my chest when the wind blew.

There is just something in this woman that got me addicted.

As we admire the sky after the sunset, my phone suddenly rang. Knowing that it's just my sister, I put the call on speaker, hugging Teia's body closer to mine when I noticed her shudder.

'I like her name. It just means goddess in Greek. A fitting name for a woman like her.'

"You brute! Where have you been? You come back this instant, you fucker! I can't handle the company alone!" startled at the sudden sound, I secretly rolled my eyes at my twin's words. I can clearly imagine her spewing fire at the phone right now.

"Hello to you, too sis. I already told you that I won't be back until next month." Twirling my finger at Teia's still damp hair, I distracted myself when my sister berated me like before.

"What do you mean next month? I'm due in a couple of months and I can't handle this business alone, okay?"

'Sure you can. You enjoy tormenting my employees too much.' I snickered at the thought of my secretary's frustrated face every time he stepped out of the office.

Watching as the lights of the resort slowly lit up, illuminating the rest of the beach, I glanced at the phone where my sister is still shouting.

'Man, what would those twins in her become? I bet a good amount of money that they'll end up just like her in the future.'

Taking the phone in my hand, "I have to go, sis. See you next month." Before my twin can even reply, I already hung up the phone, sighing.

"Well, someone's in trouble." A giggling beauty beneath me had my brows rising in anticipation.

"I can handle her. Let's head inside? I know you're freezing in here already."

She nodded her head and stood up, giving me a hand as she dusted the sand that clung to her shorts.

We spent the rest of the night together, just enjoying the moment and each other's company. It's been days after that faithful night, and we haven't touched each other since then. We just enjoy each other's presence, talking and sharing about ourselves that are not too deep. Well, aside from the few kisses that we let slide every once in a while, we haven't gotten further than that.

I can't help but admire this woman every time we meet. She has this air around her where you want to just get to know her more. She's incredibly shy, yet for some reason we ended up tangled in each other's arms the first time we met.

I've seen different sides of her as each day passed by. Little by little, I was able to unravel the hidden secrets that her personality has to offer.

Hair blowing as we walked side by side after visiting a popular tourist destination, I stole secret glances at her. Despite the calm façade that's visible on her face, her eyes reveal the storm that was brewing inside.

This was one of the times where her inner demons were clawing at the surface. These past few days, I witnessed how she would struggle at something. Even is she doesn't talk to me about it, I know. It's clearly visible in her eyes.

Some days her eyes would just struggle to hide the emotions hidden underneath, while some days she perfectly masked them, although I haven't seen a day wherein those eyes were clear. It always looks troubled.

Disturbed even.

She may not know but I seem to notice every little emotion that passed by her beautiful orbs. It wasn't hard to spot, really.

She's an easy book to understand, but not an easy one to read.

There are times that I just wanted to clarify the thing between us. I know deep inside me that I felt something for her. It wasn't that deep yet, but I know there is something.

I'm just not sure if she felt the same.

I'm not sure if she wanted to feel the same.

"Are you alright? You seem troubled." Shaking her head at my sudden question, she held my hand in hers and led us toward a shop.

The mystery in her is something that I always wanted to find out.

Who knew that the mystery buried deep in her ran so deep that she was already drowning inside, despair clouding her mind.