19

Marry Me

Ciarra

"Raine, can you send me the report about the latest project that the subsidiary company's handling?" I asked my secretary through the intercom. After a while, she then handed me the file containing the report on a new project that's been going on for months.

"Ms. Ciarra, someone is here to see you. He also asked me to relay his words that if you don't give the signal he won't come inside, even if he always come here every day, quote unquote." I laughed at her words and told her to let him in.

It's been two months since the incident, and everything was back to normal. After returning to the office, Ali has been visiting me every day. Despite my instruction to my secretary to always let him in, he insisted on asking for permission always, saying that it would be suspicious to see the boss of a rival company entering and leaving the CEO's office as he pleases.

Shaking my head, I gathered a few files and placed them inside the drawer. I then opened the file handed to me earlier and reviewed some of the project's performance.

"Did I come at a wrong time?" I glanced up when someone suddenly spoke.

Ali was standing by the door, looking as if he was ready to leave any minute.

"No, why?" I asked, arching a brow. He then walked further inside my office, pecking my cheek as he seated on the right side of my desk.

"I've been standing there for two minutes and you haven't even acknowledged me." He said, pouting like a kid. For a second, I saw Keiran's boys reflected on his face.

I rolled my eyes at his childishness and proceeded on reading the report.

"I was occupied, sorry. And why are you here again? I thought you are the type of person who always work nonstop?" he scoffed at me, waving his hand as he speaks, "Nah. My twin's there already. Turns out, she loves tormenting my employees so much, that's why she asked me to appoint her for the time being. Even the board can't complain about her, she has the largest shares out of all of us, so they really can't stop her even if they wanted to. And she's doing a great job anyway, so I'm not complaining if it means I get to see you every day." I held in the tiny tremors that shook my body at his words. He still has the guts to say that he wants to see me every day when he always sleeps in my unit every night.

I chuckled at what he said. Yeah, Keiran can really do that. For the past months, Keiran and I became good friends. She was really a handful, I must say. For the past 28 years of my life, I've never handled a person like her. She was so outgoing and assertive, though there are times that her fuse is running, and you'll see her blowing up steam every once in a while. Which I've yet to see on Ali.

"I can't believe that you two are twins. You are hardly similar to each other. You're more on the calm side while she's—"

"Bold? Too daring? A little brazen at times? Yeah, we get that a lot. The females in the family are always the wildest." He smiled, making his green eyes lighter.

He then glanced at the file on my table, brows knitting together at the report. After a while, he nodded, understanding written on his handsome face.

"I was wondering what made your brows knotted like that. You had a major problem in your other company, I see." I glanced up at him then back on the paper as he pointed a part of the financial report. This project has been going on for months now and results have not been made. Yula and I were even contemplating on stopping this project, but the board wanted otherwise, saying that the funds spent on it would be put to waste.

"I know. Yula went there earlier, but he hasn't given me any updates yet." I sighed, dropping the papers on the desk.

"I can help you solve that." Glancing up at him, my brows furrowed at his suggestion. "How exactly?"

His next words made me froze. Looking at him in disbelief, he only gazed at me seriously, determination written in his eyes.

"You want me to marry you? Why exactly? Don't get me wrong here, I love you, but don't you think it's too sudden? Not that I'm not ready to get married yet, but—why exactly? I mean why now?" his sudden words shocked me and made my thoughts run all over the place.

I was not expecting this kind of proposal from him. And it's too sudden!

He chuckled at my flushed expression, "Easy, there. I'm suggesting this now because I know that it can help you with your problem. Aside from the fact that we have this little one on the way," he said as he palmed my slightly protruding stomach, joy shining in his eyes, "our marriage can give us a win-win situation. I know how stressed you are with the subsidiary company that your father recently acquired, since you still had so many hotels and resorts to handle." He sighed when I looked at him still confused.

"What I'm saying is, I can buy half of the shares of your subsidiary company, since its line of work is greatly related to our business. After doing that, you can now focus on your business' own field while I handle that company. It would be less stress for you. Now that you're pregnant, I don't want you stressing on things that I can provide a solution to."

After a few minutes, he looked at me expectantly.

"You... you clearly thought this through, huh?" he smirked at my words and took my hand to kiss it. Blushing at the sudden movement, I pulled my hand quickly. Seeing my reaction, he laughed lightly and gazed at me with those loving green eyes that I adored so much.

"A desperate man's gotta find ways, darling. Besides, it would boost the subsidized company's reputation after news gets out that half of it was acquired by Renard Industries. I've seen the news about that company and recently it's not making a good progress." He winked at me, chuckling.

Yeah, desperate man indeed he is. Keiran's been pressuring him to get married recently. She always says that he's turning 32 next month and is still single, unlike her who is already married for years now.

I still wonder how he hasn't gone crazy with her nagging.

"Oh, you don't know how crazy I am when it comes to her nagging the shit out of me, darling." I did not realize that I just said that out loud. He chuckled and left his spot, walking towards the couch.

"Can I sleep here? Damn nephews tire the hell out of me last night." He then plopped on the couch, hugging the pillow that seated there. At the mention of the boys, I laughed and understood how tired he must have been. Those nephews of his were really something. They called me in the middle of the night, saying that their uncle is having a sleepover with them. They even invited me to come over.

Shaking my head at the thought of last night, a smile crept its way to my lips at how wild those boys are.

They must have gotten that trait from their mother, after all.

"Indeed, they did." Chuckling, he adjusted himself and was knocked out a minute later.

Letting him rest there, I continued reading and signing papers. While some of my employees have gotten in and out of my office to ask for a few advice and instructions, he just lay there unmoving and slept all throughout the day. My secretary even teased me for defeating the boss of our rival company even before the war has begun.

Laughing at what she said, I instantly dismissed her and let the poor man sleep.

I wonder how tired you'll be once this little one is born.