18

Somebody to You

Ciarra

I woke up when I felt someone gently holding my hands that are placed over the twin's shoulder. My eyes immediately landed on a woman. She was gently removing my hands around the boys before gently shaking them awake.

She looked up at me when I voluntarily removed my hands from their small body.

Her green eyes met mine and she gave a small smile, relieved that I'm now awake. "Hey, sorry. Did I wake you up?" she whispered as she continued shaking the little boy on my right.

"No, not really. Sorry about them sleeping beside me." I also whispered when I noticed that aside from the boys beside me, Ali was sleeping on the couch. She sighed and gave up when her son didn't wake up, despite how hard she was shaking them now.

"Yeah, these boys were always the heavy sleeper they are. I always have a hard time waking them up. Just like their uncle over there, I wonder if they even got it from him." She chuckled as she glanced at Ali still dozing off on the small couch.

Then I suddenly realized that she was Ali's twin. If her eyes weren't indication enough, her smile look so similar to his. Besides, I now remember that I saw her in person before.

"Hey, I believe we haven't formally met. I'm Keiran, that idiot's twin sister. You can call me Keir if you like." She smiled at me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. She was nice.

I can already tell that she was a handful. Judging from her light expressions as well as the way she talked, she was the kind of woman that wouldn't back down without a fight.

"I'm Ciarra. Ali's uhmm..." I trailed off when I don't really know what I am to him. I don't even know if I'm his girlfriend or not as we not really talked about our relationship. We just enjoyed each other's company, despite the growing feelings that I have for him. Well, I couldn't really say that to his twin.

"Oh, don't worry, I already know. He may not tell you directly, but you are definitely someone important to him. I know that man, he is always working non-stop, despite my scolding at him to already find a wife. Yet, for some reason, he hasn't reported to the company for days. He even asked to have my sons come over here every day. Now, I know why." She spoke softly, gazing at me with adoration in her eyes. I even saw a hint of excitement in them.

"Have my boys been a handful lately?" she asked, gazing at her sons while shaking her head at how tight they clung to my body.

"Oh, no. No, they're not. I actually enjoyed them being here. They make me tolerate this place a little." I told her and glanced at the boys still sleeping beside me.

Our eyes snapped at the door when it opened, revealing my brother and Ambrose. Yula seemed to hesitate on stepping inside, but when our eyes met, he instantly froze. He had a sling on his left shoulder and a few bruises marred his face.

"What happened to you?" I frowned at him, he just scratched his head with his free hand and proceeded to my side, before glancing at the strange woman beside me.

"Razel happened to him. He took his every beating and didn't even dodge a single hit." Ambrose answered and kissed me on the cheek, "How are you feeling?" she looked at me, a knowing glint in her eyes.

I assured her that I'm fine before introducing Keiran to them. One of the boys stirred at my side, causing me to stop talking for a second.

"Are you hungry? We brought you some food. The doctor said that you should eat light meals first and warm sweetened drinks. I figured that Ali was knocked out somewhere since he wasn't answering my calls and texts." Ambrose said, while arranging the food they bought for me.

"Let me wake him up, this brother of mine is really inappropriate sometimes." Before Keiran can walk over to Ali, Ambrose held her hand, preventing her from walking any further.

"Please don't. He needs it. He's always awake when we visit, and this is the first time that we saw him slept. He always makes sure that he knows whatever is going on with her, so let's give the man a break." Ambrose smiled at me before proceeding on arranging my meal.

I glanced at the man who took care of me every chance he got. He didn't change at all. His tired face as he slept caused something to stir in my heart.

I can't help but fall for him more. I wasn't looking for a man before, when Yula and I went to Miami, but somehow, we wounded up together. I was glad that I gave myself to the right man.

I listened to Keiran when she answered Ambrose's questions about her pregnancy and how it was like. At the mention of the word pregnant, my hand absentmindedly landed on my still flat stomach. When the doctor confirmed earlier that I was indeed pregnant, I couldn't help but be happy and fearful at the same time.

I don't want a repeat on what happened in the past. However, the thought of having another baby growing in me had my heart swell with joy. My emotions seemed all over the place when I felt a hand covered mine that had me looking up. Yula's hand covered mine, and the look in his eyes made my heart melt.

He kissed my temple as he gently squeezed my hand, "You're gonna be fine. Ali's here now. Nothing will happen to the child." He whispered by my ear. I glanced at him, shocked at what he said.

How did he know?

At my reaction, he nodded his head, "Ali told me. He told me about how you two met before. I have always been wondering what caused your sudden outrage when mom said she erased every data related to us. Now, I understand. I just wish that I knew back then. He was my friend since I was still studying, and I still knew his number back then. I could've given his number to you so you can explain our situation." His words had me tearing up.

He then reached his hand and wiped my tears, "No tears, sis. You're still not well." He smiled and continued to wipe the tears that endlessly flowed from my eyes.

"You could've known if you went with me every time, I asked you to join us for the tour. But you just stayed with Ambrose and had sex all the time." I rolled my eyes at him and heard Ambrose choking on the water that she's drinking. Keiran was chuckling beside her as she patted Ambrose's back.

Yula blushed and looked away from me.

Turns out, I might be glad that whatever happened in the past happened. If it weren't for it, I might not meet the most wonderful man that I've known. Thinking about Ali and how he made me feel loved, I glanced his way and noticed how he rubbed his tired eyes, sitting up on the couch.

Cute.

"Oh, look. Sleeping beauty's awake."